Home

Next-Gen Sports Game of the Year

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Sports Game of the Year within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #25
Rookie

DESIGNATEDxiLLZ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Next-Gen Sports Game of the Year

NICE! I think so too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #26
Rookie

Spot on for FIFA! Really just Next Gen launch title of the year but still that speaks some volumes. Fifa's play is smooth, interface makes sense and is clearly the best FIFA ever. Not something that can be said for other franchises who make their initial jump to next gen. As an Xbox one owner day one, I bought Madden 25 as one of two games with the launch.. I owned it on the 360 and took advantage of the $10 upgrade. As I played more the bugs kept popping up i.e. ea login issue, having to restart the game. Also the monster LB/DB's and interception hawking on what was otherwise a good pass but the player launches right into the line of fire to int. My actions after playing were such: traded in Madden 25, got NCAA 14 on the $15 promo for the holidays (great game, best of the franchise- 360); and get Fifa on digital download because I can tell I'll be playing this version for quite a long time.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #27
Banned

NBA 2K issues can be fixed, im not worried about that. For a debut next gen title they out did themselves if you ask me. 2K nailed the most important parts to me, gameplay and graphics! It will take Madden and Fifa 5 years if ever to catch up to NBA 2K. Seems as if some people would rather have a lame port than a new experience. Im pleased to know that most people on OS think NBA 2K14 is Next-gen game of the year despite its flaws.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:44 AM   #28
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Next-Gen Sports Game of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce LeRoy
NBA 2K issues can be fixed, im not worried about that. For a debut next gen title they out did themselves if you ask me. 2K nailed the most important parts to me, gameplay and graphics! It will take Madden and Fifa 5 years if ever to catch up to NBA 2K. Seems as if some people would rather have a lame port than a new experience. Im pleased to know that most people on OS think NBA 2K14 is Next-gen game of the year despite its flaws.
While gameplay and graphics are indeed very important aspects, most people who have issues with NBA 2K14 NG are complaining about the legacy modes: MyGm and MyCareer (with online being very problematic as well). A person can only play so many quick games before they want the games to actually mean something. That's where sports games long-term appeal comes into play. Most would argue that those modes were better on CG and that most 2K14 fans would have settled for a "lame port" with NG graphics.

I have NBA 2K14 on the PC and the PS4, and the PC version is the more complete game, and that's despite the PC version missing some features that were on the CG version.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »