Home

Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards?

This is a discussion on Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 08:02 PM   #9
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
no mention of CH2k8. still one of the best presentations to date.
when it comes to 2k, 2k knows how to deliver.
Overall, Im satisfied with presentation.
Madden is finally catching up to all the other sports titles.
I agree. CH 2k8 on PS3/360 had an awesome end of week presentation and a great selection sunday presentation. Really wish they would have a weekly recap on the NBA games. I like most of the presentation stuff on 2k but a TNT or ESPN presentation would put it that much further to the good. I don't really play Madden or MLB so I can't say anything about those titles.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
We just gon skip half time shows tbh. I would rather that focus be elsewhere. Hell most gamers don't even like looking at the player of the game highlights
Old 08-26-2016, 09:46 PM   #11
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

Watching that video is almost sad. 2K got it at the time, the whole point of these games is to recreate the sports we know and love. 2K and EA have gotten way too obsessed with making everything original and plastering their own logo all over the place.
For my money the best presentation was on the last year of NCAA basketball from EA. The game itself was just ok, but it included both an authentic ESPN and CBS broadcast. It was awesome, nationally televised and tournament games on CBS had a different almost bigger feel than an ESPN game. I don't get why they don't just use actual crews, presentation, and layouts from actual networks. They don't need to innovate a thing... For me the current presentation is ok, but it could be so much better. We get that EA makes football, nobody else is allowed to, I don't need to see your logo on every sign in the building and or hear that it's on the EA network... same for you 2k!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchwartz07
Watching that video is almost sad. 2K got it at the time, the whole point of these games is to recreate the sports we know and love. 2K and EA have gotten way too obsessed with making everything original and plastering their own logo all over the place.
For my money the best presentation was on the last year of NCAA basketball from EA. The game itself was just ok, but it included both an authentic ESPN and CBS broadcast. It was awesome, nationally televised and tournament games on CBS had a different almost bigger feel than an ESPN game. I don't get why they don't just use actual crews, presentation, and layouts from actual networks. They don't need to innovate a thing... For me the current presentation is ok, but it could be so much better. We get that EA makes football, nobody else is allowed to, I don't need to see your logo on every sign in the building and or hear that it's on the EA network... same for you 2k!
Amen. A lot of people didn't play that game and don't realize how cool that authentic dual broadcast was. It literally was the only reason I kept playing a very subpar hoops game. If NCAA only used one of those broadcast teams it would be the same complaints of relative, boring commentary. But having two kept it fresh and did add weight as the CBS games felt special
Old 08-26-2016, 10:51 PM   #13
Banned

I think with most sports games they lack innovation...which even with all the problems that madden 17 has this year the one thing that stands out and was innovative was updated commentary through tout the year
Old 08-27-2016, 12:12 AM   #14
Just started!

NBA 2K needs the kind of halftime package NFL 2k5 had.

Often times NBA 2K is generic where the in-game footage show in more highlights package than breakdown of play. In a game where the x's and o's matter and most of the commentators are former coaches themselves, the halftime breakdown should speak to actual play-calling on court.

Think JvG breaking down plays during the break where there are freeze frames and graphics overlays to show play development
Old 08-27-2016, 01:29 AM   #15
Rookie

I preferred madden 05 over 2k gameplay wise overall. However presentation was amazing. Still don't think a game has topped it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchwartz07
the dual network presentation in NCAA basketball was good, but its easily forgotten because the game-play was horrible.
NCAA football 14 presentation was decent also. very bland, but did enough to keep one immersed. gave just enough details.

again, I think for the most part all games have delivered

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »