Home

Thanksgiving Day Open Post: What Are You Thankful For in Sports Gaming?

This is a discussion on Thanksgiving Day Open Post: What Are You Thankful For in Sports Gaming? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Thanksgiving Day Open Post: What Are You Thankful For in Sports Gaming?

It's officially feast day here in America. Thanksgiving is a holiday where we share what we are thankful for, celebrate harvest, and of the year we just had. As with all Thanksgivings, many of us will gather around a table and celebrate all of this with tons of food -- and for OS'ers we'll then turn our gaming consoles on to enjoy some sports games.

We have once again had a really good year in sports gaming. Several games improved quite a bit this year, and several others have continued a streak of quality this year. The independent sports game scene is hopping, and mobile sports games only continue to improve in quality. There's a lot to like about sports games these days.

So let's hear what you are thankful for in sports gaming. Share a story, experience, or a singular thing which you are just thankful for over the last year in sports gaming!

Sound off and give thanks in the comments!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
I am thankful of these amazing games we get to play. Too many times we complain about glitches and bugs, but really at the end of the day it is just a game meant for fun and entertainment. Growing up on Atari and NES, when we sit back and look at what most these games gives us it is major feat in itself. Yeah sure there are some things I want better in games, but when I look back at those old consoles I say well at least I am playing with a ball in a recognizable environment rather than boxes and squares from the old days. Oh yeah first console experience was Pong. So I am very grateful for what we have today.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

OVR: 0
FIFA OS Community Sliders hands down. Best community in gaming.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
I am thankful of these amazing games we get to play. Too many times we complain about glitches and bugs, but really at the end of the day it is just a game meant for fun and entertainment. Growing up on Atari and NES, when we sit back and look at what most these games gives us it is major feat in itself. Yeah sure there are some things I want better in games, but when I look back at those old consoles I say well at least I am playing with a ball in a recognizable environment rather than boxes and squares from the old days. Oh yeah first console experience was Pong. So I am very grateful for what we have today.
Amen, brutha. I too started gaming waaay back and still have my Colecovision (sorry I HATED Atari and refused to let my parents get it for me. Lol) and remember wishing games could look either look more realistic or, at least , like their arcade counterparts ie. Tecmo Bowl (anyone remember the actual arcade version and double-sized cabinet? Sheesh, Google that if u don't know).

I am thankful that I can now sit and play Madden on my Pro and think back to how far we've come from the first Genesis version or even from Double Dribble to 2K17. While, yes, these games are nowhere near perfect, when you've come from the stone ages of console gaming like we did, there is a far deeper appreciation than ppl who started gaming say on the first Playstation or what have u.

Anyway, nuff reminiscing. Gotta go.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

esham313's Arena

The Show, that is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Amen, brutha. I too started gaming waaay back and still have my Colecovision (sorry I HATED Atari and refused to let my parents get it for me. Lol) and remember wishing games could look either look more realistic or, at least , like their arcade counterparts ie. Tecmo Bowl (anyone remember the actual arcade version and double-sized cabinet? Sheesh, Google that if u don't know).

I am thankful that I can now sit and play Madden on my Pro and think back to how far we've come from the first Genesis version or even from Double Dribble to 2K17. While, yes, these games are nowhere near perfect, when you've come from the stone ages of console gaming like we did, there is a far deeper appreciation than ppl who started gaming say on the first Playstation or what have u.

Anyway, nuff reminiscing. Gotta go.
Well said.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:10 AM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm Canadian but I'll chime in here and happy Thanksgiving neighbors. I'm thankful to still being able to game at 42 and the Steep beta that gave me so much joy last weekend.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:48 AM   #8
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
@TreyIM2 we have come from a very long way. I remember Tecmo football (which I believe was the first football game I played) as well as double dribble I played that game to death. I agree there is a deeper appreciation by playing on those early systems. A little reminiscing is always good.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »