Home

Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

This is a discussion on Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

NCAA Football and Basketball go without saying. Im missing college basketball more right now. I still play College Hoops 2K8 to this day. I wish 2K or EA would get the licenses for the schools, conferences and NCAA. Come up with a roster structure that doesn't run afoul of any players' likeness or put the schools, NCAA or publisher at risk for a lawsuit. Generic doesn't mean bad or not realistic. I actually think it may be better as they could really create a universe. Add a MyCareer mode along with MyTeam (with pro players) and put it out there. Bundle it with NBA2K!
Old 12-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #18
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I agree we need to see all 5 of these sports games come back! (actually 4 since we know 2 or 3 tennis games are due to come out in 2018.)

I also agree on SSX. We need another one to come out for this gen. SSX Tricky was one of my favorite video games of all time! So many hours and time wasted playing this game with friends. Loved it!

Last edited by Peter_OS; 12-23-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #19
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

Quote:
Regrettably, barring some sort of landmark court case resolving player likenesses basketball fans will just have to dream.

Honestly, all they'd need to do (and what they should have done from the beginning) is make every player 100% random and it's fine. I'd even be ok with limited create-a-player slots and roster editing/sharing if it brought back the franchise.

The major problem is getting every single NCAA Division 1 program to join in to make it an actual, full fledged college game. It's not college hoops with just the power programs and if someone like Duke, UCLA or Kansas doesn't join in then your game is pretty much dead before it even starts.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #20
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
Without a doubt, I would love to have college football and college basketball back. Just take NBA 2K engine to use for college basketball. I'd also like to 2K get a shot at college football.

Also would like to see college baseball return.

Also like your idea for arcade style wrestling as the WWE game is consistently lacking a fun factor.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:44 AM   #21
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

OVR: 0

Two that haven’t been mentioned: First, NCAA hockey (yeah, it’s a niche sport but so college football as far as I’m concerned)

Second, Pro Yakyuu Spirits desperately, desperately needs to come back. I could probably count the NPB fans around here on one hand, but that was one of the best baseball games around. The presentation was miles ahead of what The Show has done before or since (and I love The Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2017, 07:14 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 39

We definitely need a boxing videogame! UFC isn't doing it for combat sports fans.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 12-23-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBUDD88
Have you tried Casey Powell Lacrosse?
No, I kept seeing mixed reviews, some saying the franchise mode is unplayable. Have you tried it? Worth getting?
Old 12-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I really miss college football and college basketball. The other sports I don't care about. To this day I still play NCAA Football 2014, NCAA Football 2005 (to upload draft classes to Madden 05), College Hoops 2k8 and NCAA Basketball 09

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »