Home

Could Microsoft Buy EA?

This is a discussion on Could Microsoft Buy EA? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Could Microsoft Buy EA?

According to a recent report from Polygon, citing a reliable source close to Microsoft, there is...

Written By: Chris Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
No. No. A thousand times no. As bad as EA can be, we don't need microsoft moving all of EA's games to xbox.*
Old 01-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
Rookie

bubbaman11's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Could Microsoft Buy EA?

As much as I enjoy The Show and much prefer the PS4 over XB1 (preferred 360 to PS3), if it means potentially a return of MVP and or NCAA, I'm all in...
Old 01-30-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2
I really think this is a reaction to that Sony commercial about CFB. IMO that was a cryptic tell about bringing CFB back... “Gamebreaker?” If Sony does bring back CFB they’d create an even bigger gap in the market share especially in the US. I think Microsoft realizes that and is going to try and combat that by trying to corner the market with the exclusive licenses they have with games like Madden. With NCAA kinda up for grabs I think Sony took a chance and got a license from the NCAA to market their product as the game itself (playoffs and all) with generic players. *Paying players is the only thing that seems to be keeping the game away. That’s why I think coaches like Harbaugh, and Meyer and former players *Bosa, Henry, and Watson help advertise the game. I think they have the finger on the pulse of what people want... Greatness awaits!
Old 01-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
Rookie

SportSeasonsNetwork's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by longway911
No. No. A thousand times no. As bad as EA can be, we don't need microsoft moving all of EA's games to xbox.*
I agree 100% with this statement, as we already have Forza Motorsport and Horizon and MLB The Show being dedicated to only 1 gaming system we don't need a whole bunch of games like NBA Live, UFC, and FIFA being moved to be XBOX and Microsoft Exclusives
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 08:12 PM   #6
Banned

Yet, everyday I read about how Microsoft needs more exclusives. So when they potentially rectify that, now it’s not fair.

Business is never about playing fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2018, 07:45 AM   #7
Rookie

If that means sports games on PC then yes, do it! NHL, MLB, NFL games should finally come where they belong.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Ya I’m torn. Kiss madden goodbye on PS4? That would be a nuclear bomb drop on Sony and honestly not good for gaming. I would however love to get more pc sports games.

EA seems to have a pretty good relationship with Microsoft *with the whole EA access exclusivity thing so maybe this will happen.*

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »