Home

Where Do Sports Games Need to Focus Most? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Where Do Sports Games Need to Focus Most? (Roundtable) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Where Do Sports Games Need to Focus Most? (Roundtable)

To have some fun with our staff writers, and to get them to pick a position...

Written By: Raychel Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Yay, I'm finally the first comment on something! But, anyways, I agree with Matt and Joel that gameplay has the main thing that sports games focus on first and foremost. As Joel said, "Deep modes lend well to *fantastic gameplay and lend players to *return time after time, wanting more." With good, realistic gameplay akin to what we'd see in real life, modes such as Franchise or Career ones become that much more enjoyable because it feels like we are actively playing in the league or are a real GM. Now, this is not to say that these modes shouldn't be seriously improved themselves, (so don't get those ideas, sports games programmers and developers) because they most definitely should. Career modes could stand to make it feel more like you are an real-life human being playing in the league as Franchise should make you feel the same in regards to being a GM. However, if I would say what they should primarily focus their efforts most towards, it would be to give us gamers realistic gameplay, which would serve as a solid base for the game and make any mode, however dull otherwise just that much more enjoyable.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

This legit feels like a 2k promotion piece. With all the issues they currently have, how can you all stand by it without mentioning the issues?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Nicholasht571998's Arena

Easy franchise mode.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:57 PM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
I love the premise that all of you agreed that realistic gameplay is the base for any good sports simulation..sadly its been put on the backburner for some sports simulation titles..this is a good read...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 08:38 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Where Do Sports Games Need to Focus Most? (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepatowski
This legit feels like a 2k promotion piece. With all the issues they currently have, how can you all stand by it without mentioning the issues?
that's the consistent excellence of 2k. 2k shows and proves every year (some years, more so than others). as well as THE SHOW...

on-line gaming will be the hardest thing to ever master. there are too many variables that factor into gameplay. and most those factors most of the time has to do with user preference.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Re: Where Do Sports Games Need to Focus Most? (Roundtable)

I would like to see a focus on user-created content incorporated thoroughly into the games themselves. I would like to see created teams with full-scaled commentary. Nothing un-nerves me more than making a team, only to have the commentator call them "home team". I want to be able to make a team and really engrave the team into the city I choose. I want to close the gap between reality and fantasy with my created content.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #8
MVP

Better physics & collision detection without question!* Madden I'm looking at you!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »