Home

"Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

This is a discussion on "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #25
Rookie

Basketballer238's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

this could make the game more challenging
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 11:30 AM   #26
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketballer238
this could make the game more challenging
Definitely!

Adding 10 or more 99+ rated QBs into the NFL? All those teams with a questionable running back now fielding the likes of Walter Payton?

Challenging, definitely ... not realistic in the least.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
As Shawn has reported, you could skip MGL ... but that means you can't save any settings.

If you're willing to play default, and never save a profile/settings/etc. you could bypass the MGL.
Mark,

This is where im confused. From my understanding, you get Madden Points during every game you play. Couldnt you make a profile, save your settings (sliders and difficulty level), and just never save your profile after a game? That way your Madden points are never saved.

Shawn, correct me if im wrong.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

I'm also confused - nothing new about that. When I play a franchise, I always control all of the teams; that way no trades are made, free agents picked-up, etc. by the computer. If any of that stuff happens in the real NFL, I reflect them in my franchise.

Can you not do this? Why can't you control all 32 teams and that way, no computer generated anything happens???

What am I missing here? Won't this help those who don't want the HOF players automatically put on rosters?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexmarkjen
I'm also confused - nothing new about that. When I play a franchise, I always control all of the teams; that way no trades are made, free agents picked-up, etc. by the computer. If any of that stuff happens in the real NFL, I reflect them in my franchise.

Can you not do this? Why can't you control all 32 teams and that way, no computer generated anything happens???

What am I missing here? Won't this help those who don't want the HOF players automatically put on rosters?
You play the same way i do. This HOF issue will not be a problem for us. Most people dont play like us though. They choose one team and play multiple seasons with that team. Also in Superstar mode you can only control one team.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #30
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Man... this was the first time in years that I've gotten so amped for a Madden release. Hopefully, there is some sort of patch or something because, like bad_philanthropy, I'm a sim dynasty guy and this would kill it for me.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #31
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You play the same way i do. This HOF issue will not be a problem for us. Most people dont play like us though. They choose one team and play multiple seasons with that team. Also in Superstar mode you can only control one team.
how do you prevent them from signing them in the off-season? Do you manually control everyone's FA signings? That seems highly cumbersome.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
What if it IS intentional?? For the first time ever, I feel sorry for EA because a few guys are feeling they got burned by this "game killing" bug.
First of all, if this bug is in there, it is simply inexcusable. It's not as if this would be the 1st time this had happened.

Secondly, what, if anything, would EA be able to do for the console games? Recall them all? I doubt that would ever happen.

Third, I don't know that I could ever "feel sorry" for EA, or any other large corporation.

NFL 2K4 had this same problem. Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin, who had already been retired, as well as a number of fictional characters (there was some 450 pound Sumo wrestler who showed up) were unlocked automatically based on achievements. They would then be entered into the Free Agent list, and teams could sign them.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »