Home

Making the Jump to a PS3 and The Show

This is a discussion on Making the Jump to a PS3 and The Show within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #17
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
This game was the sole reason I traded in my 360 and ALL of it's accesories(sp.). Still very happy about the decision since all I play is sports games. The Blu Ray feature also make this the BEST DVD player in my house!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 47
All I will say is the Show is worth the purchase of a PS3. If you like Baseball, then you will not be disappointed with the Show. It is baseball!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
I already have the playstion 3 and I think the show is one of the greatest baseball games out.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #20
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Making the Jump to a PS3 and The Show

I have a ps3; I'm a huge sports fan, but not the biggest baseball fan. I enjoy playing baseball games on occasion, and I think watching baseball is decent. I have MVP 05 for ps2 and had a lot of fun with it. Would it be worth spending 45-60$ on the show 08?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #21
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
I have a ps3; I'm a huge sports fan, but not the biggest baseball fan. I enjoy playing baseball games on occasion, and I think watching baseball is decent. I have MVP 05 for ps2 and had a lot of fun with it. Would it be worth spending 45-60$ on the show 08?
I think if you are wanting to get a Blu-Ray player like Caley was after and if you also happen to be a baseball fan, then a PS3 with The Show is a definite no brainer. It's hard to recommend purchasing a ~$400 system for just one game, but I think The Show is close to being a system seller. Couple The Show with MGS4 and you have definite system selling power on your hands
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #22
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Great article. If one of my "friends" hadn't borrowed my playstation 2 and never gave it back, I'd still be playing the show (and my pitching career) on the last ps2 version I had. It's just a great game, and like you said, their appreciation of the game itself, and some of the minute details therein, is what really separates it. I'm glad that even though I'm primarily a 360 guy, I listened to everybody and didn't buy 2k8...
Old 06-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
MVP 05 is my baseball fix even today. I can't bring myself to purchase a PS3 for the sake of one game.
I hear ya...I have a 360...When i got the 360 i sold away my XBox to get it. i have been so dissappointed with 2K's baseball games i got my brothers XBox from him because it was collecting dust and i went out and bought MVP 2005 for $3.99 and NCAA MVP 2006 for $2.99...best $7 i have spent in awhile and the games are still better than any of the recent 2k baseball games.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 18
Its sucks that 2k baseball is the only baseball game i can keep pick but im glad that somebody is taking over the 2k9 baseball development. Too bad i cant afford ps3 because right now my money savings is going to buy my first HDTV on monday.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »