Home

Gorging On Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009

This is a discussion on Gorging On Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Gorging On Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009

Wil McCombs checks in today with a look at all of the upcoming wrestling games for the next 6-12 months or so. Check out his article, Gorging on Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009.

Quote:
"Not to say that I’m not a little skeptical. Like all new, and (so-called) revolutionary features, there is the possibility for abysmal failure. Because this system is based upon combining different animations, it could be difficult to create a maneuver that isn’t rather funky-looking. But I choose to remain cautiously optimistic."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11
I loathe TNA's idiotic television offerings, but the early word about the game has actually made me reasonably excited about it. On the other hand, WWE's TV programming has soldiered on, being generally quite solid (especially the gem that was ECW circa mid-to-late 2007), while THQ runs the SvR series into the ground with tragicomic game after tragicomic game. I haven't honestly enjoyed an SvR game since 2006, and the series has been in a tailspin since "Here Comes the Pain."

A lot of the problems I have with TNA as a company can be solved by the simple conversion to the video game format, and the most satisfying experience of the entire game may very well be turning the commentary off.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Gorging On Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009

Fire Pro Wrestling; forget new wrestling games

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »