Home

Madden NFL 08 vs. NFL 2K5 Part Three

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 08 vs. NFL 2K5 Part Three within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
i was late to the 360 crowd. i bought mine in feb. i recently bought madden 07 for the 360 recently for $7.96. even at that price i felt ripped off.

it did not compare to madden 06 for the ps2 (which i was still playing) and was completely blown away by 2k5. i have yet to play madden 08 360 because i cannot believe it will be better than either last gen game. 09 looks like they finally may have made a game worthy of the title next gen. but that has looked the case before.

SAD!!!!!!

i have 2k5 and all pro. i will likely stay with them. i can always play the ps2 versions of madden if i want. EA really has dropped the ball so far.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
I think Will is doing a good job on this comparison and while the first two parts were a little less obvious,this one and the next are actually fairly clear-cut.It's somewhat embarassing for EA,which is what they deserve to this point.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6
I mean really. Did this so-called comparison deserve a 4 part blog? I think not. We all just need to move on. 2k won't be making football games for a LONG time and I hate it but hell I can't keep dwelling on what could have been. You all should move on too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 03:59 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 22
I havenŽt had the same interest in Football since 2k was stopped from having the NFL license. EA bought ESPN and did nothing with it, EA bought the NFL license and are doing the same old same old at a slow pace. 2k knew football, and they kicked *** with the ESPN license. I wonŽt buy a NFL game this year , IŽll stick with soccer, nhl and NBA. NFL2k5 was so much better than MAdden2005
Old 06-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8
2k5 impresses me graphically (and not just because it is last gen...the game really does hold up well to this day) more than madden 08 on the 360 does. Yeah madden obviously looks better but I think it should look WAY better compared to how good 2k5 is and how much more powerful the new systems are.

EA is pathetic.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Put it this way... ESPN 2k5 could fool a lot of people that it is next gen if it was dated. Even if the graphics are on par with Madden 08, as the discussion has proven thus far, it still is a better overall game. I expect the count to be 3-1 because no Madden game to day can touch the presentation and sound (including custom tracks) that ESPN has.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #15
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBest
I mean really. Did this so-called comparison deserve a 4 part blog? I think not. We all just need to move on. 2k won't be making football games for a LONG time and I hate it but hell I can't keep dwelling on what could have been. You all should move on too.
Not necessarily unnecessarily...

Ian Cummings(from EA) stated that he still looks at ESPN 2K5 as a benchmark for a lot of areas in the game, particularly the tackling engine and presentation. These list are good so that EA knows that even though they've made some strides, they still have a ways to go (to catch up to 2004)!

Thanks for the articles. Keep them coming!

Last edited by ausar72; 06-24-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 10
ESPN NFL 2k5 all the way, Madden 08 is just a disgrace. They are missing so many features that 2k5 had and even features that the maddens on old-gen have today. Madden 2008 on old-gen has some features that are missing from 08 on current-gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »