Home

Big Year for NBA Games

This is a discussion on Big Year for NBA Games within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
2K is still King. Live lost it back in 2001 and hasn't been the same since. They add all that flash and glamour but Gameplay is lacking. 2K has always had great gameplay in all sports title and they LISTEN to the Fans which is why they will always make the best sports titles. EA is lucky 2K can't make an NFL game, 2K would blow Madden away!
Old 09-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #18
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Big Year for NBA Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanBaller
CH 2k8 sucked compared to NBA 2k8.
Post patch I can't name one thing that NBA2K8 did better than CH2K8.

2K9 will definitely be the best basketball game this winter but as the article said the most important thing is that the gap is closing. I hope Live (and their college game) will at least be playable, fun and show potential - something EA basketball games have been sorely lacking for years. But it is unrealistic to think EA could take a series like Live, which has been complete trash, and in one year make such a huge leap that it's better than 2K9.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #19
Rookie

magic6's Arena

OVR: 2
2k "is not releasing a college basketball game, deciding to focus all of its resources on the NBA counterpart instead", is this by their own choice? Or are they not allowed to?
Old 09-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic6
2k "is not releasing a college basketball game, deciding to focus all of its resources on the NBA counterpart instead", is this by their own choice? Or are they not allowed to?
2K thought the price tag for an agreement with the CLC was too steep this year so they axed CH2K. So it's basically they're choice, they could have ponied up the cash but it didn't make sense from a financial/business perspective.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6
NBA Live for life!!! EA sports graphics and gameplay just bring out the NBA Atmosphere. 2k needs to stick to college hoops which is the only thing they can do. So far NBA Live 09 looks so sick on the demo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #22
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

Lots of Live haters I can see. I think you guys have it in your mind: "This is going to be just like the past, it will suck", and then you guys stick with that mentality, without evening really taking a hard look at the game.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #23
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Lots of Live haters I can see. I think you guys have it in your mind: "This is going to be just like the past, it will suck", and then you guys stick with that mentality, without evening really taking a hard look at the game.
You obviously didn't read the demo impression thread.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I will not buy any EA sports game as long as i still live on this planet. I have already made up my mind and decided ever since 2K come into existence. Ever since I play NFL2k, EA's Madden become a thing of the past. And now comes NBA2K, Live has no chance and I am absolutely certain of that. 2K is in the league of their own when it comes to animations and creating sequences of animations that link together to create realistic sequences. You seen that first when they came out with NFL2k game and ever since then, everybody try to copy and catch up to them.

If you watch closely of NBA LIVE's players running and compare that to NBA2k's, Live's players running animations are childish as if their spines are made up of springboard because they seem to be bounce....like their bodies sort of lean or hunch over the entire time...whether they're running, standing or passing. This is very unappealing to me, nevermind about the gameplay. It's the same thing with Saint Row's main character who looks very childish judging by the way he run about. The game would not appeal to me afterward. The same go with seeing an overweight person on the street, if they ain't pretty, do you want to even want to come and talk and approach and find out about them?? No! These examples are no difference than NBA LIVE!!
Good point reptilexcq...I posted a similar message yesterday on the 'NBA 2K9 Screenshots' post. I agree with you whole heartedly on the graphics. See my quote below...

"As far as the graphical difference between NBA 2K and Live, EA is stuck in the past. Does anyone remember Bulls vs Blazers? It seems EA has kept that games slender, hunched-over, toothpick-leg player-model look and converted it over to 3D. I almost certain there is a player model artist at EA who worked on Bulls vs Blazers and has so much seniority that his decision NOT to update the player models is a personal issue!

If you have ever played basketball competitvely, you will know the physical weight associated with playing the game. EA's player models still feel light in the a@@, floaty, and too fast. When 2K introduced NBA 2K with the weighty player models and superb gameplay, EA was caught with their pants down. Live 09 is still suffering from Bulls vs Blazers syndrome."

And I too will never again purchase an EA Sports game in my lifetime.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »