Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Create-a-Team is Back Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Create-a-Team is Back Edition within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: Create-a-Team is Back Edition

OS Fact or Fiction returns a day late this week to bring you more of our overly opinionated staff's wise thoughts on issues facing the sports gaming industry. This week both Caley Roark and Dave Branda step into the ring of fire of OS Fact or Fiction. They discuss Fight Night, create-a-team, 2K Sports' status and also whether horse racing should be considered a sport or not. Read on to find out what they think of these topics!

Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: Create-a-Team is Back Edition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
"Caley Roark - Fiction. Sadly, I feel that 2K Sports has seen its best days. With Madden potentially and finally surpassing most aspects of NFL 2k5,"

Lol Wut.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
You have to laugh at that quote too. It only took the Madden franchise a next gen console & 5 years to surpass NFL2K5. Very sad.

But I agree with Roark, 2K has seen its best days.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 89
yep I agree, 2k is done
Old 05-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 19
I agree that 2K's best asset is now NBA 2K, but I disagree that the gap is getting smaller between 2K and Live. I also disagree that the Create a Team is going to be spectacular. Most people are going to be more into the Season Showdown, Dynasty, or Online Ranked Modes, I dont think it will get used enough to be spectacular. Finally, I totally disagree that 2K is finished or seen there better days. 2K will never touch the Show, but there are glaring weakness that can be taken advantage of with FN, College Hoops 2K still could make a comeback as it is the best College B-Ball series ever, and watch out if they can ever get back into the NCAA or NFL Football spectrum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Just as a general note...I may be 100% wrong, but I'm pretty sure EA owns the exclusive rights to College Basketball now as well as NCAA Football and the NFL. So there is no way College Hoops could make a comeback anymore. So I guess that's the same as the NFL and NCAA in that regard.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

I think that the sport of boxing should at least use EA's Fight Night as a catapult for bringing in a new fanbase. I know many who enjoy the series, but not as many who enjoy paying-per-view.

I think the EA could be as helpful to boxing, as boxing is in return to EA's success. There should definitely be famous boxers of the past, but the roster of boxers needs serious expansion. They need to include WAY MORE present day boxers... I think it could help the FN's gameplay lifespan and the sport of boxing.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

adding to my post, I think Caley and Dave make weak arguments. If it's all about the big names that sell, why don't we just eliminate every bench in NBA games, the relievers in MLB games, and the Special Teams players in football games?

Fact is, this game is coming out in 2009... you can include all the past boxers, but each reiteration of this game should focus on present boxers and help the current state of boxing. I personally think that it has gotten stale using Ali Fight Night after Fight Night. Or going against that friend who can't ever pick someone else other than Ali.

Bore.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »