Home

Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

This is a discussion on Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #25
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
omg how can i forget**college baseball!

EA's college baseball was a blast to play. One of my favorite sports games of all time! Would love to see EA or 2K take a crack at this again.*

I'm hoping some day in my lifetime, the legal controversy over EA and the NCAA’s profits off of amateur likenesses will get resolved.

EA Sports’ NCAA Football series is one of the most beloved video games series ever! The same can be said about the NCAA College basketball game. EA needs to bring these franchises back!

Last edited by Peter_OS; 12-23-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #26
Rookie

Aimbrogn's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

NCAA Football was the reason I originally began coming to this website ten years ago to seek out rosters, seek players for my online leagues, and tips and tricks. I still keep my XBox 360 just to play NCAA 14 which is an excellent game to this day. The depth of Online Franchise in NCAA Football is still unrivaled in modern sports games.

Just provide a generic set of rosters and a TeamBuilder esque addition to teams wary to join. Eitherway, I do not think the game had any reason to be cancelled (player likenesses/money is such crap) and the lack of NCAA sports games is such a void. Back in 2002, not a single player whined about their likeness in NCAA and likely were flattered to see themself in digital form.

Another game that I would like to see return that no one has mentioned is the NHL 2K series. I always enjoyed 2K hockey in the early-mid 2000s and NHL 2k8 was one of my favorite sports games on the XBOX 360. Why 2K does not have a stake in the NHL series anymore is another loss.

Last edited by Aimbrogn; 12-23-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:40 AM   #27
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
We definitely need a boxing videogame! UFC isn't doing it for combat sports fans.
I do agree that we need to see another boxing game, but the G.O.A.T. Career Mode in UFC 3 has me intrigued. Love the fact that you now have the option to master the promotion and performance of becoming a professional fighter, inside and outside the Octagon.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:33 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just want arcade sports games back!!!
Old 12-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #29
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Xbox gamers can argue there hasn't been a simulation MLB game this generation. *In my opinion, Fight Night Champion, to this day, still has the best story mode of all time in a videogame.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I do agree that we need to see another boxing game, but the G.O.A.T. Career Mode in UFC 3 has me intrigued. Love the fact that you now have the option to master the promotion and performance of becoming a professional fighter, inside and outside the Octagon.

It sounds intriguing but a huge part of me doesn't want to support the game because it helped shelve Fight Night.I feel like fans are being intentionally starved into being UFC/MMA fans.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 12-23-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:54 AM   #31
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

I would love for another company to make baseball game, im finished with The Show.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2017, 01:36 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 19
CH2K* and EA NCAA Football- would love to see another version of both these 2 titles.
In my opinion CHk28 is still the best basketball game made to date.
and EA's NCAA Football 14 and 11 ranks at the top along with NFL2k5 as the best football games made to date as well

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »