Home

Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

This is a discussion on Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #33
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
No, I kept seeing mixed reviews, some saying the franchise mode is unplayable. Have you tried it? Worth getting?
It’s actually pretty good if you are into field lacrosse. I’m a way bigger fan of box lacrosse and the NLL. I would love to see a fully licensed NLL game using the Casey Powell engine but the guy who makes those games says there isn’t enough interest.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #34
Rookie

TMuss's Arena

OVR: 2
Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

Soooo miss the NCAA series. Especially football. July isn’t the same without that yearly release. A new Fight Night game would be amazing. Forget about the UFC games. Going to ground? Yeah nope. And Top Spin 5 please. Then again if 2k would bring it back you’d probably need 20,000 VC just to add a second set to the match.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #35
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Obviously praying for a college sport game every year. It would look amazing on frostbite either the amount of energy that’s in a game. But I think, as an Xbox owner for multiple generations, I haven’t bought an MLB game since mlb 2k9. 2K destroyed the image of baseball of Xbox because it’s poor production and mediocre attention. I have been waiting for a good baseball game for so long, hell im waiting for MVP to come back. But the fact that PS4 is the only console to play a major league sport is absurd to me
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #36
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

There's got to be a creative way around the NCAA likeness issue. Maybe make them all aliens? And then you can customize to human?

Or every player model is the same. One size and race and then the user can change ... or a couple of model options with cartoony appearances.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #37
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9

Or remember when the first Bill Walsh came out? They didn't have a lot of the licenses, so you had teams like "South Bend."

Maybe try and curve away from the legal issue by not involving the NCAA?
Old 12-27-2017, 08:38 PM   #38
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
There's got to be a creative way around the NCAA likeness issue. Maybe make them all aliens? And then you can customize to human?

Or every player model is the same. One size and race and then the user can change ... or a couple of model options with cartoony appearances.

They don't really have to get too creative. Just don't infringe (or provide a mechanism to) on any student athletes' likeness. It sucks for realism but it is what it is. 2K and Madden have shown that some schools are still willing to get into the videogame space. They had protections in place to not allow themselves or the schools to get hit with any likeness stuff. In 2K you cojldnt even edit your MyPlayer to the name of a current student athlete at the respective schools. Just do that on a large scale. Like most things these days it comes down to money. How much is the game gonna cost vs how much they expect to make on it. NCAA Football seems like it would be a slam dunk. College Hoops, I'm not sure about. A MyCareer mode would help, I think.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:13 AM   #39
Just started!

OVR: 0

1) Wrestling isn't a sport.
2) Uh... College basketball and college football are still basketball and football. You do know that, right?
3) Those NCAA parasites can get bent.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:47 PM   #40
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

On the extreme sports side of things:

Skate 4 so I can die in peace.

Would also be down for another SSX.

Additionally, a worthy MX or ATV game would be welcome.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »