Home

OS Cars Thread

This is a discussion on OS Cars Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #873
MVP

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think the biggest issue they had with that car, was the styling. Looked basically like a beefed up Grand AM. Under the hood, suspension, brakes were allegedly all top notch. Pontiac, also had an issue with fit and finish on the interior which made the car feel plasticy (not a real word) and cheap.
That why I said potential. They used the same Zeta platform Chevy use for the Camaro. I feel like if they got a couple more years with it it would have been one of the coolest cars on the street.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #874
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: OS Cars Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think the biggest issue they had with that car, was the styling. Looked basically like a beefed up Grand AM. Under the hood, suspension, brakes were allegedly all top notch. Pontiac, also had an issue with fit and finish on the interior which made the car feel plasticy (not a real word) and cheap.
Fit and finish is amazing, swede on the inside, the most comfortable seats I've ever been on, great leg room in the back, some reviews i read online were comparing it with BMW's that year interior wise.

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21

Last edited by brett the jet favre; 05-11-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #875
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Is there any validity to high mileage oil? I am about to hit 100K in my truck and am wondering if I should start using something other then the standard oil.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #876
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Is there any validity to high mileage oil? I am about to hit 100K in my truck and am wondering if I should start using something other then the standard oil.
Synthetic is more expensive, but unless you occasionally don't change it in a timely fashion its not really a game changer.

I ran it in my SS, but only because Mobil 1 synthetic was what it came from the dealership with and all it ever had.

First 4 cylinder car I had ever seen take 6 quarts of oil. It was quirky.. Even had a drop in oil filter under the hood and below the supercharger.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #877
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
It's a shame Pontiac went out of business cause the new GTOs had some potential.
A buddy of mine had one. It was beastly. I didn't like the look of it, but it was carrying some power. Reminded me too much of a Hyundai Tiburon.

I think Pontiac should have tried to style it more like the Judge. It had the modern day version under the hood, but that's where the comparisons ended.

Didn't the new GTO's have upwards 390 HP out of the factory?

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 05-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #878
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett the jet favre
Fit and finish is amazing, swede on the inside, the most comfortable seats I've ever been on, great leg room in the back, some reviews i read online were comparing it with BMW's that year interior wise.
I've ridden in them many many many times. Ride in one to go to lunch about 3 times a week. . Don't see how fit and finish can be called incredible or compared to high end luxury brands. Not close imo. That becomes apparent almost immediately. Not terrible but not great, you can see they tried to up it, but cut some corners in order to keep cost down. Car only retailed for like 30 grand brand new.

Still the engine and other components make it an intriguing car. As someone said above given a couple years to develop that car, they may have had something. The roots of the car seem top notch, styling and interior to me are what held it back.

Just looked it up, average resale price on these is about 17 grand. Dirt cheap. That's a freakin steal for what you get under the hood. Could be a fun little weekend car, not sure about it as a daily driver for me.

Last edited by bkrich83; 05-12-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #879
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
That why I said potential. They used the same Zeta platform Chevy use for the Camaro. I feel like if they got a couple more years with it it would have been one of the coolest cars on the street.
I despise American cars, particularly American "Muscle" cars, but I agree, I think they were on to something with this car, and given time to develop may have had a chance to have a game changing product.

The one nice thing about it, is since it's styled the way it is, it's a real sleeper.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #880
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
It's a shame Pontiac went out of business cause the new GTOs had some potential.
At least the crazy Aussies behind it are still around. Led to the Pontiac G8, which is being reborn as the Chevy Super Sport.

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »