Home

The Pleasures of Life Thread

This is a discussion on The Pleasures of Life Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #937
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The Pleasures of Life Thread

I love aerial blimp shots of sporting venues, as you not only get some of its exterior but also context with regard to where it fits inside its respective city. Hard to explain why I like them so much. Just fired up the DVR for the Bears-Lions matchup and was greeted with that from the onset, so I thought I'd bring it up heh.

I once did this thing where I turned off all the labels on Google Earth and sought all 30 MLB stadiums just by panning and zooming. It was actually pretty fun.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #938
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I once did this thing where I turned off all the labels on Google Earth and sought all 30 MLB stadiums just by panning and zooming. It was actually pretty fun.
did that a year or two ago for NASCAR tracks. And I dont see the point in having blimps at domes.

Pleasure of Life Caulfield-style:
football all day long on a Thursday

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 11-22-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #939
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

The Allman Brothers Band guitar riffs.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:14 PM   #940
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Talking football with your wife’s grandmother (Steelers fan but we’ll let it slide)

Been bedridden the last couple days with a major stomach virus. The plus side? The one who brought it home to everyone (our two year old) was also exhausted so Mom, myself and him got major cuddles in this weekend. I remember staying home from school sick growing up and watching Nick Jr... here we are 20 years later and it’s the same story. They got some good content on there man. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #941
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
I love aerial blimp shots of sporting venues, as you not only get some of its exterior but also context with regard to where it fits inside its respective city. Hard to explain why I like them so much. Just fired up the DVR for the Bears-Lions matchup and was greeted with that from the onset, so I thought I'd bring it up heh.

I totally agree with this. I love when they show you the stadiums and downtowns (or any sports venue - field, golf course, etc) for context. It's even better if you've been to the area, or are familiar with it, so you can look and see where landmarks are. I will often pause the TV on these shots and try to put things into perspective based on which part of town I'm familiar with.

As a corollary to this, I love when video games put the aerial shots in the intros as well. Really puts you in the atmosphere!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #942
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I totally agree with this. I love when they show you the stadiums and downtowns (or any sports venue - field, golf course, etc) for context. It's even better if you've been to the area, or are familiar with it, so you can look and see where landmarks are. I will often pause the TV on these shots and try to put things into perspective based on which part of town I'm familiar with.

As a corollary to this, I love when video games put the aerial shots in the intros as well. Really puts you in the atmosphere!
PES 2019 stadiums have every real life detail in them. its so crazy how lifelike they are.

Life is wonderful so get out and enjoy it!

Playing: FIFA 16, EA Sports UFC 2, WWE 2K16, MLB The Show 16

Consoles: PS4 Xbox 360 PS2
Old 12-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #943
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

I love Aerial shots of anything which is why I love that show “Aerial America”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #944
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I love Aerial shots of anything which is why I love that show “Aerial America”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL....I thought I was the only one that watched that show (!).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »