Home

OS Firearms Thread

This is a discussion on OS Firearms Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #17
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: OS Firearms Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
Well are you looking for a carry weapon, or just something to throw lead down range?

If you're looking to carry in the Philippines and it's going to be warm, you may want to go smaller for better concealment, as you'll likely just be wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
I'm looking to carry so for sure something compact. I'm sure I'll get another one for the range or for shooting practice but the first one would be to carry.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 07-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
I'm looking to carry so for sure something compact. I'm sure I'll get another one for the range or for shooting practice but the first one would be to carry.
What are you looking to spend? You have options starting from a few hundred (maybe less) up to possibly $1000 if you felt so inclined.

Really, the best thing to do is to go to a local gun shop and hold a few to see what feels good. No matter what a review says, a firearm is only as good as it feels in your hand.

Last edited by Kearnzo; 07-21-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #19
Underrated

PadresFan's Arena

OVR: 7
I love my Ruger LCP... Great off-duty weapon...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

I have a few guns, i have a .50 Cal black powder, 4 10 hot gun pump, 4 10 shotgun single shot, AR 15, and i picked up a .38 special off a guy a year or so ago, i have a lot others i just forget, i can post some pictures in a few days though.

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21

Last edited by brett the jet favre; 07-22-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #21
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Have a .40 S&W and a carry permit. Usually grab the pistol right after my wallet before I leave the house. Had that habit for years now.

If anyone reading this thread might be thinking of purchasing a firearm to carry, do yourself a favor a get some proper training before you do. It could save your life and the lives of others as well. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Stay safe people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section_25
Have a .40 S&W and a carry permit. Usually grab the pistol right after my wallet before I leave the house. Had that habit for years now.

If anyone reading this thread might be thinking of purchasing a firearm to carry, do yourself a favor a get some proper training before you do. It could save your life and the lives of others as well. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Stay safe people.
I know up here in Maine, you have to take a handgun safety course before obtaining your permit. Is it different in every state?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
I know up here in Maine, you have to take a handgun safety course before obtaining your permit. Is it different in every state?
I wasn't informed of any additional training that was required here in PA. I got my permit really quick. I don't think any training courses are required, but I know they do a pretty extensive background check. I'm in the law enforcement field so that probably helped in getting mine so fast.

I like the idea of mandatory firearm training to get your permit though, I wish it was that way in EVERY state.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section_25
I wasn't informed of any additional training that was required here in PA. I got my permit really quick. I don't think any training courses are required, but I know they do a pretty extensive background check. I'm in the law enforcement field so that probably helped in getting mine so fast.

I like the idea of mandatory firearm training to get your permit though, I wish it was that way in EVERY state.
Yeah, being in law enforcement probably played a part in getting it so fast.

And agreed. I'd hope all states require training before acquiring a permit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »