Home

Off Topic 2013

This is a discussion on Off Topic 2013 within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:41 AM   #12833
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Off Topic 2013

Possible TLDR warning:

So I'm a little conflicted right now. My current job isn't really cutting it anymore. Everyone that works there is getting screwed with hours, yet we just got 3 new hires that cut our hours even more. Personally I've gone from 17-20 hours to 10-15 a week, which is killing me considering I pay $220 a month for my car plus food/gas/etc. I'd hate to leave because I like most of the people that work there and they're extremely flexible with your schedule and time off requests, but they're leaving me with no choice.

My mom works for the health insurance division of our local hospital and said there's an opening coming up that I might be interested in...I've made a pros and cons list.

Pros
Pays $11 an hour
Two days a week
A lot of room for growth/moving around the company (although I do want to leave the area when I finish school)
Guaranteed consistent hours
Would break up school and work so I don't have to go straight from work to class or vice versa

Cons
The two days are Saturday and Sunday 7:30-5
I'd be working in the same department as my mom

I'm probably overreacting, but I feel like I'm forfeiting my entire social life and would turn myself into a hermit. I'd never be able to golf, go on vacation, or do anything that I enjoy, which isn't necessarily what I want. The money and all of that would be great but I don't want to be completely miserable and never be able to do anything.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #12834
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I just beat Bioshock 2 and now that I think of it that may be the first trilogy of games I've ever actually gotten all the way through.

Which is stupid. I hate myself for the amount of games I don't end up beating.

Also you should go buy all 3 Bioshock games right now if you haven't played them. They are so unbelievably good that I'm honestly pretty sad that they're over. I might just start Infinite again tomorrow just because.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #12835
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson
mizzou has a baseball team?
They actually have some pretty popular alumni in the Majors right now.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Here's one for Chrisksaint to enjoy....
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #12836
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Spent all afternoon yesterday with my girlfriend. We went to a movie party (and saw Monsters University...weird as the party was for a college freshman.) Then we got pizza, and went back to her house. She said she really appreciated that I came to the party even though I didn't know anyone there.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #12837
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

TripleCrown9: well done sir.

Dayman: Does Bioshock Infinite come with a copy of the original Bioshock? I thought I remembered seeing that on the game case at the store. I have BioShock2 from a free download from the PS store.

I have to play this series. Have heard too many good things.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 06-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #12838
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson
This is a Public Service Announcement brought to you by your bro Watson

COW AND CHICKEN AS WELL AS I AM WEASEL IS ON NETFLIX
You're way behind.

Such a weird, yet awesome cartoon.

Last edited by AUChase; 06-26-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #12839
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17
Don't get me wrong, I want a new console, but the more I think about it, I think I'm okay with just holding off and enjoying the great games that I've missed out on over the course of the last generation.

I picked up Red Dead Redemption for my PS3 a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying getting another play through of it.

I've heard nothing but great things about the Uncharted series, but have never played them. The same goes for Bioshock. I definitely feel like I've missed out.

I'm just looking on the bright side of things, as I'm not going to be able to afford a new console with this newfound college budget I'm on. My PS3 still has some life, are there any more must play games that you guys would recommend?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #12840
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_mac
Don't get me wrong, I want a new console, but the more I think about it, I think I'm okay with just holding off and enjoying the great games that I've missed out on over the course of the last generation.

I picked up Red Dead Redemption for my PS3 a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying getting another play through of it.

I've heard nothing but great things about the Uncharted series, but have never played them. The same goes for Bioshock. I definitely feel like I've missed out.

I'm just looking on the bright side of things, as I'm not going to be able to afford a new console with this newfound college budget I'm on. My PS3 still has some life, are there any more must play games that you guys would recommend?
That's pretty much where I am at on it too (even picked up playing Red Dead currently)...wrote a blog on it.

I think I can play my Bethesda games (The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series) for infinity.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »