Home

Christmas 2018

This is a discussion on Christmas 2018 within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2018, 01:08 AM   #65
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Christmas 2018

We put up our Christmas decorations today. I don't think we're going to go through the trouble of putting up outside lights though. The fake tree that we have is white but it had browned over somehow so we had to buy a new GREEN one which is as it should be as that's far better than some rather ugly white tree. Tomorrow I'm going to my sister's place to help with her decorations as well.

I see that AMC was showing a lot of the old Rankin & Bass Christmas specials today. Unfortunately that lost out to football for me today. I hope they show those same specials all in one day again at a later point.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #66
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
We put up our Christmas decorations today. I don't think we're going to go through the trouble of putting up outside lights though. The fake tree that we have is white but it had browned over somehow so we had to buy a new GREEN one which is as it should be as that's far better than some rather ugly white tree. Tomorrow I'm going to my sister's place to help with her decorations as well.

I see that AMC was showing a lot of the old Rankin & Bass Christmas specials today. Unfortunately that lost out to football for me today. I hope they show those same specials all in one day again at a later point.

I PVRed all of them. I have most on DVD or Blu-ray but I like to record them with Christmas commercials. T’was The Night Before Christmas is my absolute favourite Christmas special.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan
@AUChase Sometimes Santa sets up toys... dollhouse, race track, etc. But also wraps toys for the kiddos.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I think you forgot we're not talking on twitter like usual.

Thanks for the feedback, though..

Last year we bought one of our kid's a tent so we went ahead and set that up downstairs. If it's something that requires batteries I usually open it up and put batteries in it and then close it back up.

Last edited by AUChase; 12-03-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #68
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Apparently every year at the office they sign cards while watching a Christmas movie. We'll be doing that tomorrow.

Sometimes I feel like I stepped into bizarro land by coming here. In a perfectly good way.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:04 AM   #69
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Finally started Christmas shopping. Thanks internet!

Still haven't decorated anything yet though. Was going to do most of it this past weekend, but man...it's pretty dejecting to find out that more light strands than usual crapped out in storage over the last year.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:19 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am done doing my baby girl shoes, I am trying to make a pet bed for our Pomeranian. I feel like I will be able to save a couple of bucks by investing some time on doing crochet this yuletide season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby shoes.jpg (87.9 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by mrgrtt123; 12-06-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #71
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Going to the in-laws for Christmas with my wife's sister and her family. I need to put on my happy face for them. LOL. Family...am I right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #72

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

It's nice to see family, but it can get old fast depending on what happens. Such as having to hear people's life stories and then having them analyzing and judging your own life.

Thankfully people have younger kids so it can entertain and distract everyone else instead of having to spend an entire day just talking about topics you don't care so much about.

For me, that's a hit or miss part of Christmas. Some years it's nice spending time with family, others you're glad it only really happens this one time a year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »