Home

Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Off-Topic within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #537
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
re: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
The director of operations emailed the whole office at noon today announcing a mandatory meeting at 9am tomorrow morning. Our sales team who works remotely from across the nation are flying in and of course the owners, too.

I'm sure it's good news.
It's so nice of them to fly everyone in and give them raises/bonuses face-to-face.

#ThinkPositive

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #538

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
next time you should drink something to wake up before you attempt to operate machinery that early. I recommend ... coffee.
Lol, a Futurama line popped into my head.

"I'm late for my night job. I need the extra money to buy coffee so I can stay awake for my night job."
Old 06-13-2019, 01:39 AM   #539
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
There's a thread for this

Your brain fart(s) of the day

/closed

But at least you didn't start your week by tripping over a curb while running across the street, falling, and slightly scraping your right hand, arm, and shoulder. Was running to beat the light and I think my toe just caught the curb right where it starts sloping up at the side fo the wheelchair slope.
Speaking of curbs, do speed bumps qualify? They recently built rectangular speed bumps at the bank next door. What the hell is this ****? I've been watching cars bounce up and down trying to navigate these things. How is it safe to have giant tetris pieces as speed bumps? They're not rounded at all. I feel like a low to the ground car will get stuck on them.

also, sorry to hear about falling and getting scraped up

Last edited by l3ulvl; 06-13-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #540
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
It's so nice of them to fly everyone in and give them raises/bonuses face-to-face.

#ThinkPositive

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Ha. Yes.

Yesterday was busy. Lots of presentations, orientations, and suits milling around. We're becoming a subsidary under a very large corporation in the real estate industry. We're beginning the process of telling our revenue sharing partners and high level customers, but there should be a public announcement within the next week or two.

Basically yesterday was onboarding day with HR and given new offer sheets. No details of course apart from 3/6/9/12 month timelines/milestones.

So we'll see how it goes, but right now I'm not feeling too impressed.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #541
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Bummer dude. Didn’t you move to this job like a year ago, too? Stinks it’s getting all changed up. Hope ya don’t gotta go through the whole process again, but gotta do what you gotta do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 11:34 AM   #542

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Bummer dude. Didn’t you move to this job like a year ago, too? Stinks it’s getting all changed up. Hope ya don’t gotta go through the whole process again, but gotta do what you gotta do.
Great memory!

It feels like a lot of the reasons why I came here are now gone or in the process of being gone by the end of this 12 month timeline. There's some compensation/benefit incentives to stay, but I also expect them to automate as much of my accounting procedures as possible (which honestly would be all of them) so I'm not very confident in my job security past next June.

The impression the HR rep gave me yesterday (and obviously he knows no details, but he was there to ask) was that most of their accounting team is headquartered in DC and I am definitely not about that life.

So basically a bunch of pieces up in the air and they won't really come back down for another 6 to 9 or 12 months.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #543
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

That sounds eerily similar to what I think might be coming down the pike for me. Automation is coming, and a lot of my stuff is process-based. I think I could shift to more analytical work, which actually fits my title of analyst LOL. But it might not work, I might not be good at it, etc.

I do feel like I’m kinda banking time/experience at my current gig and could move to a different industry with a similar role closer to home, but there’s a lot of perks of my job that keep me happy and comfortable. But they can go away with the snap of a finger, and I want to be prepared when/if that happens. I’m not gonna be one of those people caught flat-footed then cry foul when I’m seeing the signs right now. Gotta have your eyes open.

My little ace up the sleeve is I know my coworker is planning on leaving next year around this time, but that’s hard to bank on and I don’t think it would be right to leverage that information he told me in confidence. I’m pretty sure I could land on my feet relatively quickly, and maybe even get a nice severance package for my troubles. I am thinking so far ahead it’s stupid.

Sorry to hijack, just struck close to home. You obviously have a good head on your shoulders to see the writing on the wall and having just gone through a switch, you’re not afraid to jump off a sinking ship despite the anxiety of the unknown. Wishing you the best of luck in whatever is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:44 PM   #544

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

Thanks. For the most part the first six months should be fairly normal relatively speaking. They're essentially going to let us run the business as usual for a period of time while they monitor. After that is when they'll start full implementation.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »