Home

Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Off-Topic within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2024, 02:59 PM   #2393
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Off-Topic

Lol, no not the owners. I just worded that poorly.

And I wouldn't do that to the dogs either. Just frustrating sometimes.
Old 01-14-2024, 11:20 AM   #2394

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

So Twitter/X is clearly monitoring you 24/7 right?

I've noticed this for quite some time, it feels like if I type something even on here, or am even just watching something on tv, feels like more than just a coincidence that the "for you" trending topics happen to mention something I either typed on here or relating to a show I'm seeing on tv. Not like I'm searching or tweeting about those topics at all either.
Old 01-14-2024, 11:35 AM   #2395
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I think that’s everything nowadays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2024, 12:46 PM   #2396
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Truth.

Place an order for Round Table Pizza on my phone app? Very first ad on my Facebook computer is a coupon for Round Table. And it's not a coincidence, obviously. I find it questionable why I didn't get a coupon ad any time before I placed the order, but whatevs (and yes, I know the reason why).

Part of this will become a RT coupon gear-grinder, though. There is a specific code I can use to get $8 off any online order of $40 or more (CETEST1), and I simply reuse that all the time unless I find something else superior. Then throughout the entire year, any email, text, or Facebook ad I get from them never seems to best that one, except $10 off $50+ order (which is equivalent percentage, but my order doesn't best that pre-tax so it's not helpful). What's sad is that even on Black Friday, their title will claim they have ungodly deals, and they become something like 15% off orders (not an improvement in my case, though I see how it may help a $200 order).

Basically, their ads help me none, and pizza is expensive enough as is that they really should be throwing you a more enticing bone. I'd order it more if they did.

EDIT: And going back to FB now, the advertisements are back... just because I posted about it here.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-14-2024 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2024, 04:58 PM   #2397

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Truth.

Place an order for Round Table Pizza on my phone app? Very first ad on my Facebook computer is a coupon for Round Table. And it's not a coincidence, obviously. I find it questionable why I didn't get a coupon ad any time before I placed the order, but whatevs (and yes, I know the reason why).

Part of this will become a RT coupon gear-grinder, though. There is a specific code I can use to get $8 off any online order of $40 or more (CETEST1), and I simply reuse that all the time unless I find something else superior. Then throughout the entire year, any email, text, or Facebook ad I get from them never seems to best that one, except $10 off $50+ order (which is equivalent percentage, but my order doesn't best that pre-tax so it's not helpful). What's sad is that even on Black Friday, their title will claim they have ungodly deals, and they become something like 15% off orders (not an improvement in my case, though I see how it may help a $200 order).

Basically, their ads help me none, and pizza is expensive enough as is that they really should be throwing you a more enticing bone. I'd order it more if they did.

EDIT: And going back to FB now, the advertisements are back... just because I posted about it here.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Targeted ads are a thing, but this was more than an ad, and more than only something I type, it seems to almost work with mics too.
Old 01-14-2024, 06:26 PM   #2398
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

There is a reason why Google, Facebook etc. make most of their money from ads.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 01-14-2024, 08:07 PM   #2399
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

I trust X a helluva lot more than I do anything from Meta. That said, I have accounts on all of them to keep up with friends and family. I just try and limit what is being pulled from my devices as much as possible by downloading necessary browser extensions and adjusting the settings on my devices as well. It takes time but if you really want to pull the rug out from under the ad-sniffers, it's possible.
Old 01-19-2024, 08:35 PM   #2400
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

https://twitter.com/stoolgambling/st...08853513806016
Sports betting at the supermarket now? That's crazy.

Last edited by zello144; 01-19-2024 at 08:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »