Home

If anyone plays ASB 05 post comments, questions, or what-nots in here!

This is a discussion on If anyone plays ASB 05 post comments, questions, or what-nots in here! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #33
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: If anyone plays ASB 05 post comments, questions, or what-nots in here!

ASB is great simply for its Home Run Derby mode. I would re-buy it just for that.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #34
Rookie

asb_man's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I hate to bump this old thread but I ordered ASB 2004 off of Amazon just for sh*** and giggles and I have a question. What exactly did asb_man mean by dropping a player? Does that mean sending someone to the minors or just flat out releasing someone? And does this glitch happen every time or is it something thats rare? I haven't gotten the game in the mail yet, so I haven't been able to mess around with any of this.
It has been a while, guys. For ASB'04, there was a bug where sometimes during a trade a player would disappear. A work around for this is to release someone from your minor league system, then send one of your MLB guys down into that slot. This leaves you with an empty MLB slot before you make the trade, and no (good) players will go missing.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #35
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Anyone ever figure out how to update all the teams, not just one team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 06:40 AM   #36
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by asb_man
It has been a while, guys. For ASB'04, there was a bug where sometimes during a trade a player would disappear. A work around for this is to release someone from your minor league system, then send one of your MLB guys down into that slot. This leaves you with an empty MLB slot before you make the trade, and no (good) players will go missing.
Ok, thanks for the reply.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #37
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Popped this into the Xbox the other night.

I wish roster control was better or else maybe we'd have some updated rosters for this timeless classic. Anyways, the expansion mode is still my favourite in any video game. The Vancouver Glaciers live again!

I'd be in baseball heaven if the Show ever included a mode like this.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
MLB The Show is a great title, but ASB_man I am going to level with you. No other game has captured the true realism on and off the field the way that ASB 05 did. Sure you could have added the flair of having the gamer set ticket prices, build their own stadium, buy his team a jet plane, or whatever but you guys did it the way it should be done.

If your buddy has pull in the gaming world, ask him to tell his employer, whomever it may be (Sony), to take the off-season modes of ASB 05 and implement them into a new baseball title. I am talking about the following:

*Rule 5 draft
*Salary Arbitration
*Option years for players (how players have three option years in which they can be called up or sent down to the minors. After the three years they must clear waivers)
*Waivers
*Teams moving into new stadiums
*the Futures game
*Home run derby
*Long term deals
*team records
*League Records
*score updates at the bottom during franchise mode
*working bullpens
*working scoreboards
*ball collision detection on homeruns

These things are the realism and the reason why I continue and will continue to play ASB 05. Too bad you guys couldn't keep making the game, because its by far, at least in this humble mans opinion, the most realistic, the best playing, and the most well rounded baseball title ever, and I do mean, ever made.
ASB 05 was ahead of it's time...

sadly the series stopped when it was at it's good point.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Popped this into the Xbox the other night.

I wish roster control was better or else maybe we'd have some updated rosters for this timeless classic. Anyways, the expansion mode is still my favourite in any video game. The Vancouver Glaciers live again!

I'd be in baseball heaven if the Show ever included a mode like this.
Yep, I tried it. Knight even gave me an old XBOX. Absolutely impossible. Handedness CAN'T be changed, lineups can't be adjusted. I started and got a ways into it and became absolutely frustrated with it. It was a really good game and playing the XBOX version on the 360 gave it a facelift.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #40
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Yep, I tried it. Knight even gave me an old XBOX. Absolutely impossible. Handedness CAN'T be changed, lineups can't be adjusted. I started and got a ways into it and became absolutely frustrated with it. It was a really good game and playing the XBOX version on the 360 gave it a facelift.
I recall that being the case...it really is too bad. The relocation of the Expos would make the updated rosters feel funny anyways.

Nonetheless, the default rosters bring back some nostalgia as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »