Home

2 More Movie Clips from the Beta (2-15-04)

This is a discussion on 2 More Movie Clips from the Beta (2-15-04) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2004, 06:57 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: 2 More Movie Clips from the Beta (2-15-04)

I am not that impressed. I hate the fielding cam...you can't really tell where ball is going. They focus on ss with his hands up and ball is a single to center...something is just off with it. Also, looked like some picthes were unhittable (low curve ball breaking down and in on righty) and it gets smoked to center. Just did not "look" right...like there is no way that pitch could have been hit where it actually went.

And yes, an abundance of flyballs...all to CF. I don't know...it looks better than last year, but am not convinced that this is a must have game this year. I think it might excel in franchise and off field stuff, and beautiful stadiums, but not so sure the on field stuff is real tight. Time will tell...

C
Old 02-15-2004, 07:05 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

I am not that impressed. I hate the fielding cam...you can't really tell where ball is going. They focus on ss with his hands up and ball is a single to center...something is just off with it. Also, looked like some picthes were unhittable (low curve ball breaking down and in on righty) and it gets smoked to center. Just did not "look" right...like there is no way that pitch could have been hit where it actually went.

And yes, an abundance of flyballs...all to CF. I don't know...it looks better than last year, but am not convinced that this is a must have game this year. I think it might excel in franchise and off field stuff, and beautiful stadiums, but not so sure the on field stuff is real tight. Time will tell...

C

Im starting to feel the same way, but all star is my only choice this year so im hoping for the best.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

lol on the A-Rod-Soriano trade. Steve I think you found the 'player editor' bug...even if you didn't change the batting stance, it switched A-Rod's to a different one because you were in the options. I am pretty sure it's been fixed since the beta build but I will check.
Thanks again for making the movies!

I was just about to comment about Arod's batting stance....wierd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2004, 07:14 PM   #12
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

thanks steve....
Old 02-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #13
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Any word on whether or not that MOUND issue(where the throw from CF stops at the mound) has been fixed? Cuz that is terrible.

Thanks for the vidz too.

if not i bet if you hit cut off man it will be fine....just a guess
Old 02-15-2004, 07:29 PM   #14
MVP

Ed_Farias's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Any word on whether or not that MOUND issue(where the throw from CF stops at the mound) has been fixed? Cuz that is terrible.

Thanks for the vidz too.

Does the ball hit the mound and stick on the first hop? I have never seen this. I have it where the ball is rolling in and it stops. That is actually kind of accurate considering it is a mound. And a pitchers mound is pretty darn steep in the back. Now maybe the ball is rolling hard enough should roll over the mound, is that what you are saying?
Old 02-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

All I have to say Is not bad. I swear im really liking the new fielder cam it looks like it makes it seem more fun and real to play. I also like the way the player models look this year, they seem to have really worked on them alot last year cause they look so real to life. I like the new angle of batting camera (alal MVP) and from the second video Willis pitching delivery was damn right on, also all the batting stances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2004, 07:44 PM   #16
cub
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

Quote:

C

Im starting to feel the same way, but all star is my only choice this year so im hoping for the best.

Maybe Steve can enlighten us. Steve, is it very difficult to play from the Fielder Cam perspective?

In any case, two things are beyond dispute:

1. It looks a hella lot more impressive that the old view because of the way it shows off the stadiums.

2. It's just a new option. It's not like they took away the standard camera. You can choose to use that instead if you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »