Home

College BBALL Coach 2 NOW AVAILABLE!

This is a discussion on College BBALL Coach 2 NOW AVAILABLE! within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 5
Re: College BBALL Coach 2 NOW AVAILABLE!

Okay, I’ve played with with the latest version and it seems fairly stable and that is good.

The problem is the realism. I understand that it is not a super in-depth sim, but it just loses steam in every game after 4-5 seasons. Blue-bloods fade away and replaced by mid-majors and small colleges rising to the top. In the last game, Creighton, Old Dominion, and Cal State Bakersfield were consecutive national champions in year 5, 6, & 7. In fact the power conferences often will end up only sending a single team to the tournament. I coached San Francisco in the WCC, and in my final year they sent five teams to the tourney—with none of them being Gonzaga. Cinderellas are fun, but this is just ridiculous.

I’m not sure how you can fix the issue. I’m going to try putting all traditional powerhouses with 4 stars and everyone else with just 1 to see if it makes a difference at all. I also think there are too many 8 and 9 rated recruits—which ends up creating unrealistic parity.

There is also an issue with job security as well. I won the NC with a team and actually dropped in my security—with no contract extension or raise. This needs to be looked into.

It’s a fun, addicting game that has great potential—but also glaring issues as well.

Hope this helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I tend to start over every 6-8 years with a new coach once things get pretty wonky. What I did to extend the challenge was I found which conference was the up and coming and took a coaching job with a low ranked team and that conference would send 6-8 teams to the tourney for a couple years but now it’s falling off only like 3 tourney team my last year I played. Def need to be less 9s and 8s in recruiting.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #43
Just started!

Alright, first off, the game's been fantastic, and I've found it a much more enjoyable version of the original game, given the greater depth and the like... That said, I have encountered a few problems here and there, with only one being significant.

1) So for the biggest issue, I had a career where I played through the first two seasons (until the NCAA tournament in season 2), regularly saving, then reloading the file later on. All was well, until just this morning when I saved at the aforementioned point, then tried to open my career later, and was sent back to seven games into the first season, having lost almost two season's worth of progress. As far as I'm aware, I've updated the game as much as available, to where save glitches should be solved for. Before today though, I'd been completely problem-free in terms of saves.

2) Not an issue I'm having, but a friend of mine who I showed the game to keeps having it crash while he's simming a conference tournament game... Could just be an issue with his device not being able to handle the game, but it's proving to be a bit of a frustration for him...

3) And for something that's super minor, but doesn't really need attention, just would be fantastic whenever y'find yourself with all the spare time to do so, I've had slight problems with some of the stats. The clearest example is with opponents' field goal percentage, where every other team has a fully functional statistic in that column, while any team I coach is marked at 0%, and dead last in the conference and nation in that regard. I also sometimes end up with a decimal point for total rebounds (as opposed to a whole number), and no functioning statistics to the right of # of national championships, listed under all-time leaders.

4) Not a problem whatsoever, but if it's easily enough done, a stat for defensive switches (can help determine how well you can run zone defenses) would be awesome to see, along with a way to improve the composure stat, since that's marked as being whether a player is prone to fouling, and both are things that players often see significant in through their college careers.

Again, thank ya for making an absolutely phenomenal game! Save loss or not, it's still been awesome to play in the time that I've had it!
Old 05-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #44
Just started!

One more thing I forgot is that there are occasional impact moments (less so with stronger teams) when making the shot is completely impossible, as the ball never comes near to the hoop at all. Again, outside of these things (even with them) the game's been generally fantastic, and I do appreciate that ya took the time to make it!
Old 06-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #45
Rookie

I absolutely love this game, however I'm having slight issues with court customizations. I've spent 10 minutes on a court before and I've spent almost 40 minutes on a court before only for it to not turn out how I set it up. The confrence lettering and court text will all flip to face the same way as opposed to facing center court. I've also had situations where I move the court text to the border of the court and when I play a game it appears somewhere far from where I moved it to in the editor. Lastly it sucks playing a full schedule on custom courts and then being stuck with a generic tournament court. Is there a timeline on when we can expect to be able to edit tournament floors?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 01:35 AM   #46
Just started!

What happened to the game...?
Old 10-11-2019, 12:35 AM   #47
Pro

Wahooworld15's Arena

OVR: 11

Anyone else still playing this? I’ve just discovered it about a month ago and have finished almost 100 seasons in 3 saves combined.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049811572
Old 10-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooworld15
Anyone else still playing this? I’ve just discovered it about a month ago and have finished almost 100 seasons in 3 saves combined.
I still play this game and make custom courts for every team as I play them. If i can't make it super realistic I try to re imagine how it could be redesigned

Sent from my SM-A205U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »