Home

Hoop League Tactics Available Now For iOS and Android Devices

This is a discussion on Hoop League Tactics Available Now For iOS and Android Devices within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2019, 08:11 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Hoop League Tactics Available Now For iOS and Android Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Hey Tarek, fun fact is that I originally coded the game to allow 2 or 4 periods, with length up to 20 minutes (12 if 4 quarters). I scaled it down when designing Season Mode so that I could balance the game for one setting rather than multiple configurations.

I'll look into adding these settings back in once I balance out the game a bit more and when I'm able to implement mid-game saves.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Awesome. To be honest the way the game plays now I think 12 min quarters may be too much the way the game is balanced now, but great to know you are thinking about it. I’m having a blast.

I have a question, when you scout a free agent using your scout, are they randomly generated players? Or is there an existing database?
Old 12-24-2019, 08:22 PM   #10
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Awesome. To be honest the way the game plays now I think 12 min quarters may be too much the way the game is balanced now, but great to know you are thinking about it. I’m having a blast.

I have a question, when you scout a free agent using your scout, are they randomly generated players? Or is there an existing database?
They are randomly generated, with their stats based on the ability of your scouts (seen in the Team Upgrades screen). The free agents that are already existing can be customized before the season from the Customization menu.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game! Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 12-27-2019, 02:27 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
They are randomly generated, with their stats based on the ability of your scouts (seen in the Team Upgrades screen). The free agents that are already existing can be customized before the season from the Customization menu.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game! Let me know if you have any other questions
Awesome. I’ll see how the scout improvements help the quality of free agents scouted.

On another note, I’ve found that the % increases (particularly with stamina) that you purchase as a boost before the game don’t actually give you the right amount. I purchased a improve by 4% and it seems the players only improved 1-2% points, and an improve 10% which only gave a boost of maybe 3-4%.

Is that by design? It seems players lose stamina after a game and those on the bench recover post game, but the boost is seemingly applied prior to the game (stamina wise) and not afterwards.

Not sure if this is a bug or doing something I can’t make out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2019, 02:58 AM   #12
Pro

Also, I didn’t get the trophy when I won a championship. It says I have a trophy when I load the save game but I didn’t get the trophy. Does that make sense? Not sure if that’s another bug.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:46 PM   #13
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

Quote:
Awesome. I’ll see how the scout improvements help the quality of free agents scouted.

On another note, I’ve found that the % increases (particularly with stamina) that you purchase as a boost before the game don’t actually give you the right amount. I purchased a improve by 4% and it seems the players only improved 1-2% points, and an improve 10% which only gave a boost of maybe 3-4%.

Is that by design? It seems players lose stamina after a game and those on the bench recover post game, but the boost is seemingly applied prior to the game (stamina wise) and not afterwards.

Not sure if this is a bug or doing something I can’t make out.
Yes, you're correct that the boosts apply instantly before the game. Regarding the percentages, I believe the 5% is actually only adding 5% of the player's current stamina, so if the player's stamina is at 50%, they're only gaining 2.5%. I'll fix this in the next update.

Quote:
Also, I didn’t get the trophy when I won a championship. It says I have a trophy when I load the save game but I didn’t get the trophy. Does that make sense? Not sure if that’s another bug.
Hmm, so the trophy in your trophies list didn't unlock? Was this after a game that you played or one that you simulated?
Old 12-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #14
Pro

Okay thanks. So the stamina boost is a % of the current? That seems like a bug, because it would mean that if I were at 90% I would get a greater boost (4.5%) than at 50% (2.5%). I’ve also noticed some players (usually the young ones that don’t have issues with stamina) go above 100% and I’ve seen some go to like 102%, something like that.

On the trophy front, it happened after I played the final game of the season. I’m playing best of 3 series, not sure if that matters. And I don’t simulate games because I really enjoy playing them.

Also, what are your thoughts on trades and expanding player personalities and even introducing scenarios into the game? Obviously some of those a stretch goals, but the game is currently loads of fun I think it could turn into something really special if you start to build it into like a new star manager type game.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:32 PM   #15
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

Quote:
Okay thanks. So the stamina boost is a % of the current? That seems like a bug, because it would mean that if I were at 90% I would get a greater boost (4.5%) than at 50% (2.5%). I’ve also noticed some players (usually the young ones that don’t have issues with stamina) go above 100% and I’ve seen some go to like 102%, something like that.

On the trophy front, it happened after I played the final game of the season. I’m playing best of 3 series, not sure if that matters. And I don’t simulate games because I really enjoy playing them.

Also, what are your thoughts on trades and expanding player personalities and even introducing scenarios into the game? Obviously some of those a stretch goals, but the game is currently loads of fun I think it could turn into something really special if you start to build it into like a new star manager type game.
Yeah it's a bug for sure. I'll also look into the trophy not unlocking, thanks for letting me know.

All of those things are definitely doable, I just want to make sure that the base game is solid and functioning 100% before I go and add in more features so I appreciate your feedback. Hoping to get an update within the next two weeks so stay tuned!

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2020, 05:03 AM   #16
Pro

Hey Flyrice,

I’ve been playing quite a bit of hoop league tactics and it’s so much fun. I’ve tried multiple seasons, found how to edit and add free agents to the pool, and now I’m working on building my team up so I can scout decent free agents and not a bunch of over 30 1 star players which is all you get when your scouts are low.

But I wanted to point out that throughout playing I’ve sometimes found that the rebounding, particularly offensive rebounds, can get really out of hand. I’ve seen the CPU miss 5 shots in a row, get 5 offensive rebounds in a row and make the 6th attempt. I’ve had games (and I’ve got screenshots if you want) where I’ve been out rebounded by a lot, only getting 1 or 2 rebounds total. Sure, my team shoots extremely well because I play the percentages, but it’s still a bit crazy.

Not sure how to amend it, because to be honest sometimes the CPU is brick city and if they weren’t getting all the extra chances then I would probably end up blowing them out really bad. What are your thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »