Home

Sony should take a shot with college basketball 🏀

This is a discussion on Sony should take a shot with college basketball 🏀 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2022, 06:45 PM   #17
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Sony should take a shot with college basketball 🏀

BC I understand nothing about how video games are made, it seems 2K already has the gameplay programming in place with their NBA game. Couldn't they just add college hoops skins and custom courts, record the commentary and be done? I don't care if they made the players look like aliens as long as its editable. Man, I swear I'd buy 10 copies just to support the business. I'm DYING for a new college hoops game.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 02-17-2022, 10:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
BC I understand nothing about how video games are made, it seems 2K already has the gameplay programming in place with their NBA game. Couldn't they just add college hoops skins and custom courts, record the commentary and be done? I don't care if they made the players look like aliens as long as its editable. Man, I swear I'd buy 10 copies just to support the business. I'm DYING for a new college hoops game.
We all are and you’re absolutely correct about the NBA Skelton being used to build the game. I think we’ll know about the prospect of this game and how it would when we get more details into the NIL and how EA is handling things with college football. The licensing Would be expensive to the schools, however I think with the interest so high and the ability to buy in tandem with NBA 2k it could be very successful. Time will tell, otherwise I say we start our game
Old 05-25-2022, 02:23 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

I am dying for a new college hoops game.
Old 12-03-2022, 02:20 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have to echo who others have said. I genuinely miss playing college basketball games. I miss taking a program I love like Georgia Tech and trying to rebuild back to the glory days of Bobby Cremins. With how popular and solid the NBA 2k games are it should be child's play for 2k to take that engine, swap skins on it and rebuild the franchise mode to a Legacy mode that has a deep recruiting system.
Old 12-10-2022, 07:55 PM   #21
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

Hey guys, I'm actually developing a new hoops game with pixel art graphics and huge customization options. Currently it is based off pro leagues but I do want to include a college mode. What types of features are 'must have'? At the moment you can create up to 64 team leagues with the ability to customize the team names, colors, courts and uniforms. An early gameplay beta will be releasing soon with the customization tools added later. You can check out a short clip below.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2022, 08:44 AM   #22
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
It's only a matter of time. It is expected that NCAA Football will be available in July/August of 2023, it wouldn't completely shock me if 2K decides to take on College Hoops in 2023 as well. As a matter of fact, I feel like the popularity of video games in general it would be a bad financial move for someone not to do it. Especially with the basketball game framework in NBA 2K, this could be accomplished without building from scratch.
Probably the only developer that makes sense. They already make a BB game obviously so no need for a large outlay in that department. Teams arenas make it highly customizable and you are there.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:00 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

I sure hope so. It feels with the delay of college football, I’d expect any news on anything basketball related to delayed as well. Building the blueprint for licensing will be the key to seeing if a basketball game can be successful

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »