Home

93rd Annual Grey Cup: Esks vs. Als

This is a discussion on 93rd Annual Grey Cup: Esks vs. Als within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2005, 09:30 PM   #17
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: 93rd Annual Grey Cup: Esks vs. Als

The penalty combined with the sack has sealed the deal..

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

that was anti-climatic
Old 11-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #19
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Great game!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:36 PM   #20
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Congrats to the Eskimos!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-27-2005, 09:57 PM   #21
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Congrats to the Esks!!!

Ray stepped up big time. 5 years ago he was delivering Frito Lay chips. He's played 3 seasons in the CFL and each year he's been in the Grey Cup. He's got 2 rings now.

I can't help but think he's better than all the stiffs the Jets have on the active roster right now. But he made the decision to comeback to the CFL since he would make more money in the CFL than being a 3rd stringer in the NFL.

A classic Grey Cup. I loved the cablecam CBC used. It was really good when Fleming went for the FG. I wonder if this will be used for all the games next season or just for the Grey Cup.

Nice to see Berman continue to annual tradition of showing the Grey Cup highlights during the Sunday Night halftime show. He even spoke some French althought he said the got the Esks coach wrong when he said it was Tom Higgins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid
I was about to ask you that. If its a tie game with 2 second left and I'm at the 30, what is stopping me from punting the ball into the stands behind the endzone and winning by 1?
I generally don't watch the CFL but did play in high school (that's not saying much though lol). The single is exactly the same thing as a touchback except you get the ball at the 35 and give the other team a point.

The end zone is 25 yards deep though so most teams would go for the field goal if they are close. Punting it out of the end zone would be more difficult than the field goal attempt especially since the field goal posts are right at the goal line (not 10 yards deep like the NFL). Either way, if you punt or miss the kick, the returning team would definately try to return the kick out of the end zone to avoid the single at the end of a game. They also have the option of punting the ball out of the end zone to avoid the single. I remember a game in high school where our team (I was an assistant coach one year) punted the ball in the end zone from the 20-25 and they caught it and tried to punt the ball back out. We blocked the kick and recovered for a TD.

I remember hearing about a game where somebody punted the ball back out at the end of the game and then the team tries to punt it back in. Not sure about this but it would be a hilarious ending to see teams playing hot potato by punting the ball back and forth on the same play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »