Home

how many of you....

This is a discussion on how many of you.... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
how many of you....

are goin to buy rugby 06? I kno have of you guys is just getting into the AFL, but wat about rugby? rugby 05 was a great game and 06 is gonna be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: how many of you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
are goin to buy rugby 06? I kno have of you guys is just getting into the AFL, but wat about rugby? rugby 05 was a great game and 06 is gonna be better.
I may purchase Rugby 06... but if the game isn't playable online it just isn't the same to me. I want to compete against other players and not against the A.I.

I'm not much into season and dynasty mode with any game ( NCAA, Madden, MVP NCAA Baseball, Arena Football) so if this game isn't playable online it is almost useless to me. I am definitely intrigued about playing this game because it appears to be much better than last years game. The only problem is that my brother and friends are more likely to play a game of Underwater Basket Weaving or Lawn Bowling made by EA Sports than a game of Rugby.

I remember never purchasing a previous soccer game before FIFA '05 and once I took that game online it was almost addicting to play. With a similar online presence this game could be the same. I'm somewhat disappointed that EA has said there isn't a large enough following to merit online support with this game. It is that attitude that will prevent this game from taking off and introducing new people to the sport. Many people are like me and are more interested in online play versus a human opponent.

To me it is almost comical that EA made that statement because if you've been online to play ARENA FOOTBALL there are never more than 24 people on XBOX LIVE and during the daytime hours the online lobby is a barren wasteland.

But to answer your question... I'll probably pick up the game and enjoy a few games versus the A.I. before passing it off to my son. I just can't play versus the Computer.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

^^yeah that game online would be great

Im usaually dont play online that much cuz my ps2 is connect to dail up and not broadband like my PC
Old 02-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm really thinking about picking it up. Rugby 05 was great. I'm not much of an on-line player either so the on-line component does not bother me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »