Home

The A-11 Offense (All 11 Eligable)

This is a discussion on The A-11 Offense (All 11 Eligable) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The A-11 Offense (All 11 Eligable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Not all 11 players are technically eligible.

Only 6 are like in real football. What they do is put more athletic players in linemen numbers, then split them out. There job is to block, or they will step back and receive a backwards pass and run it like a screen. So if you do that then you could make every able to have the ball in their hands.
I thought that was fairly obvious. You still have abide by basic football rules. It's just that they can shift and can throw backward passes to make it so that you have to account for everyone pre-snap then keep your eye out for the lateral post-snap.

Someone had a nice quote in the pro football forum about this offense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
This is what happens when Online cheesers become high school football coaches
Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #10
Rookie

HMMurdock311's Arena

OVR: 5

To me it seems like it'd be more of a hassle to ref than to play against.

Seeing as they don't get the ineligible recievers in place until right before the snap, and they are constantly shifting. It just seems like it'd be more trouble keeping tabs on the ineligibles, especially since they differ each time and all have eligible numbers.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #11
MVP

bgeno's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMurdock311
To me it seems like it'd be more of a hassle to ref than to play against.

Seeing as they don't get the ineligible recievers in place until right before the snap, and they are constantly shifting. It just seems like it'd be more trouble keeping tabs on the ineligibles, especially since they differ each time and all have eligible numbers.
I agree.

If you look on their site, though, they give you help on how the approval process. They expect you to have to take your plans in front of a board of referees and explain to them what you're trying/going to do. So, in that case, the referees would have a decent idea of what they're getting into.

It still seems like the offense might get away with some ineligable receivers downfield and occurances of too many men on the LOS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #12
Rookie

HMMurdock311's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I agree.

If you look on their site, though, they give you help on how the approval process. They expect you to have to take your plans in front of a board of referees and explain to them what you're trying/going to do. So, in that case, the referees would have a decent idea of what they're getting into.

It still seems like the offense might get away with some ineligable receivers downfield and occurances of too many men on the LOS.
I think this offense is only able to be used everydown in a few states.

I'm sure they get away with ineligible receivers all the time, with not getting set but a second before the snap.

I, personally, feel it is kinda against the "spirit of the game". I know you are trying to deceive the other team, but when you do it with a crazy loophole it just seems wrong.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

So is it the case then that there is some loophole in US HS football that allows teams to not have 7 men on the line with only the outside 2 elligible?

Because I looked at the site and they were saying that any players could be elligible on any play (but not all 11 on the same play). It didn't really explain how this would work given the basic football rule that says you need 7 on the line with the outside 2 elligible.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #14
MVP

bgeno's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxpac
So is it the case then that there is some loophole in US HS football that allows teams to not have 7 men on the line with only the outside 2 elligible?

Because I looked at the site and they were saying that any players could be elligible on any play (but not all 11 on the same play). It didn't really explain how this would work given the basic football rule that says you need 7 on the line with the outside 2 elligible.
No, they can just shift and move different guys on and off the LOS. Also, because they are technically in a punt formation, anyone can wear an "eligable" number (1-49, 80-89).
Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

This might be gimmicky, but if you have a team that understands it in a small school setting with undersized kids, it could be quite efficient. The shear confusion it creates for high school players as to who to cover and the space it creates on the field would allow for some pretty nice gains on almost every properly executed play.

I still would prefer the two teams to draw a line in the sand and put their knuckles down and see who's the man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #16
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...weinreb/080811

ESPN Page 2 just did a story with/about the man behind the A-11. A good read.

Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »