Home

Online Football Player League

This is a discussion on Online Football Player League within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Online Football Player League

Hey guys I thought that we all like GLB that maybe some people out there might be interested in a differnet kind of league, so I thought I'd throw out the opportunity for some of you guys.

Anyways there's a player league opening back up (we were really big some years ago and now they're trying to bring it back around with a good combination of the original guys as well as a lot of new people. So what is a football player league?

Well you create a football player and you do point tasks each week to earn points to upgrade the stats of your football player(i.e. Speed, Strength, Catching, Throwing power, tackling, etc.). Point tasks include Player of the Game predictions (picking the player of the game for each of the games played at the end of the week), mock drafts (a mock draft for each draft done in the league), graphics (can be anything from a forum sig of your player to a desktop wallpaper or movie poster, just has to be league related), Media Spots (includes interviews, articles, etc....basically any written material league related), Free Agent/Draftee profile (for your player when he's a free agent or draftee), and an auto biography of your player.

So how does the league work? Well as I said before your create your player and do tasks to gain points to use on your player. An inaugural draft will be held once we get enough players to start an inaugural draft and then at the end of each week the games will be held live on the forum boards (there will be a person that has the league file prepared by the official league file person and will sim each game on Madden 05 (it's the version we use right now because the sliders make the best game play of the versions we've tried, but we're constantly looking to upgrade) with up to the minute details of every single play along with screen shots of what's happening. There are multiple simmers so each game is done by someone different.

Sound Interesting? Well here's a link to the boards (http://z3.invisionfree.com/MSFLV4/index.php?act=idx). If you join, in your player thread you create (under "Welcome to the MSFL" > "Create a Player") list DW as the person who told you about it just so we know where everyone is coming from.

It really is a lot of fun and we have a great group of guys, so take a chance and stop by. Here's a link: http://z3.invisionfree.com/MSFLV4/index.php?act=idx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Online Football Player League

Sounds kind of boring to me. I will be keeping busy enough when I get ncaa 10 and madden 10 here in the next 2 and 3 months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »