Home

Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #129
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I don't mind them too much, although the six pack abs are sort of funny. Also, I don't like that everyone is wearing a visor, but I'll get over that eventually. Other than that I think they're alright.
Its probably so they don't have to render faces. I don't know how taxing the physics engine is, but it could be hard to render faces in game at the same time. They probably also did want to waste time on that.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #130
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Its probably so they don't have to render faces. I don't know how taxing the physics engine is, but it could be hard to render faces in game at the same time. They probably also did want to waste time on that.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If that's the reason then it doesn't matter to me that much, especially if the fps were to drop due to having face textures.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #131
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I don't mind the look of the game at all.

Madden is a simulation of the NFL. Since this game doesn't have the license, it might as well embrace a different approach.
But if they do that its will be a failure. For me for this game to be a success, Graphics dont even have to been great, Gameplay and presentation have to be on a dime(which i doubt). Presentation in APF was nuts. Players on the field talking trash to the players on the sidelines that was crazy.

Customization has to be the key to win me over and probably alot of people over. If it is limited like APF and MLB2k9(with their edit player limit) its going to fail. Stadiums,Players Unis,Attributes,Skin,Facial, etc.. You can edit every signal player on the your team and also the cpu teams. And almost forgot its has to have a decent franchise mode.

My expectation for this game is extremely low. All they things i mention im 100% highly doubtful it will be in the game. Even if its first football game you cant mess up, cuz if they do that will be the last backbreaker. Look at APF=failed, Graphics was meh but the gameplay was beatiful, but limited customization and no franchise mode kill that game quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #132
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

APF didn't really fail. It is still played by tons of people and is the best next gen football game so far. It didn't catch on with the mainstream and neither will BB unless this natural motion engine is simply unreal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »