Home

Whose Excited About 2 New Football Engines for 10?

This is a discussion on Whose Excited About 2 New Football Engines for 10? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 89
Whose Excited About 2 New Football Engines for 10?

Kind of ironic when you think about it, go back to the days of NES, SNES/GEN, N64/PSX and there were many different variety of football publishers and games till 2006 came along and EA COMPLETELY ruined football video gaming. We are suppose to be progressing tremendously with the technology available today and we look back at a time back in the 80's and 90's when we had 20+ different football games to chose from to now only having 2 in the past 3 years. Since the NG Systems have been released, the PS3 and 360 have only lived to see only 2 different Football Engines EA & 2K.

I can only praise God for finally having a chance to mix things up! This year we finally get 2 NEW ENGINES TO PLAY AROUND WITH, Black College Football and Backbreaker. I can not wait to finally play something else besides what I have been used to since August of 2007...

See, no football game is perfect, especially Madden. But if we look at all the old football publishers Sega Sports 2K, EA Madden, Acclaim NFL QB Club, 989 Studios GameDay, Tecmo Bowl, Xbox NFL Fever, Konami NFL Primetime, and ect THEY ALL OFFER SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE THE OTHER GAME DOES NOT HAVE.

Good lord it seems like just yesterday I could cycle 2K4, Fever 04, and Madden 04... Those were the days? Why have we degressed with so much more technoligy?

But hopefully with the addition of 2 new engines to the NG Systems, it can bring some life in football video gaming. I am very interested to see what other publisher can do with the NG capabilities. Only months left finally, seeing how its been 4 years to only have 2 different engines... Cant wait to play both!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Whose Excited About 2 New Football Engines for 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
Kind of ironic when you think about it, go back to the days of NES, SNES/GEN, N64/PSX and there were many different variety of football publishers and games till 2006 came along and EA COMPLETELY ruined football video gaming. We are suppose to be progressing tremendously with the technology available today and we look back at a time back in the 80's and 90's when we had 20+ different football games to chose from to now only having 2 in the past 3 years. Since the NG Systems have been released, the PS3 and 360 have only lived to see only 2 different Football Engines EA & 2K.

I can only praise God for finally having a chance to mix things up! This year we finally get 2 NEW ENGINES TO PLAY AROUND WITH, Black College Football and Backbreaker. I can not wait to finally play something else besides what I have been used to since August of 2007...

See, no football game is perfect, especially Madden. But if we look at all the old football publishers Sega Sports 2K, EA Madden, Acclaim NFL QB Club, 989 Studios GameDay, Tecmo Bowl, Xbox NFL Fever, Konami NFL Primetime, and ect THEY ALL OFFER SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE THE OTHER GAME DOES NOT HAVE.

Good lord it seems like just yesterday I could cycle 2K4, Fever 04, and Madden 04... Those were the days? Why have we degressed with so much more technoligy?

But hopefully with the addition of 2 new engines to the NG Systems, it can bring some life in football video gaming. I am very interested to see what other publisher can do with the NG capabilities. Only months left finally, seeing how its been 4 years to only have 2 different engines... Cant wait to play both!

great point. Here is the answer. EA BOUGHT THE LICENSE TO DANG NEAR ALL SPORTS VENUES AND KILLED THE COMPETITION!!!!!!!

Though over the last 2 yrs, madden has made great strides in the right direction

NCAA on the otherhand
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Oh also to answer your question.

I am excited about the two new engines, backbreaker looks very promising.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 07-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

To be fair, it was the NFL that demanded an exclusive deal.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

To be honest. BCFX looks like straight garbage. Backbreaker does look promising though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
You do know that all but two of those franchises fizzled out on their own, right? The year that EA got the exclusive license, the only NFL games on the market were NFL 2k, Madden, and 989 Gameday as a PS1 exclusive..for some reason.

Last edited by bkfount; 07-03-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
You do know that all but two of those franchises fizzled out on their own, right? The year that EA got the exclusive license, the only NFL games on the market were NFL 2k, Madden, and 989 Gameday as a PS1 exclusive..for some reason.
Even with that, just think where those other two franchises would/could be had they not been phased out. Overall the exclusive license had made a negative impact on football video games. I used to be stoked for the annual football game releases...now it doesn't really matter to me because it's the same stuff different year. EA has thoroughly disappointed me with the exclusive deal because their games have been garbage over the last few years. Literally unplayable IMO. I've rented or bought every release (NCAA and Madden) on next gen and have probably played a grand total of maybe a dozen games combined over the last three years...they're simply not fun (for a whole host of reasons).
Old 07-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Black College Football
WTF ... black college football ... really? this is just crazy but i am all for back braker

Last edited by duncan54matt; 07-04-2009 at 02:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »