Home

Smashmouth Pro Football Ballcarrier capture

This is a discussion on Smashmouth Pro Football Ballcarrier capture within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Smashmouth Pro Football Ballcarrier capture

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The player here from the Tech prototype didn't stride too long even when he was running fast, lol. So I do see your point on that. At the time, just getting a full cycle to run without a bunch of frame twitching was the big target for technical purposes, which that part came out pretty smooth as it looks like one single run, but in reality it's a bunch of different frames gelled together.

In the next build I'll be testing out a lower-centered back, he has a different style with a longer stride. I'll be showing that one soon.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Slowed down version definitely looks better. The arms seem to be going too far up when running, and the legs (knees particularly) don't seem to be moving far enough up. Makes it look like there's disproportionate movement between the top (more) and the bottom (less).

One other thing, the arm stride should be in synch with the running motion. It's still a little too fast for me to see, but just eye balling it, the arm motion doesn't look like it's going forward/backwards when it should be based on the leg movement.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

For the faster running I'd like to have a longer stride.But if I've read correctly, these are real human beings, so they're all going to run a certain way unique to themselves like any human being would. So there really is no right or wrong. If I posted a video of Crazy Legs Hirsch (Hall of fame back) there could be a lot of things said of all his leg movements because they were very unorthodox. But that's how he ran. They you got Walter Payton and how he would hold the ball completely away from his body on many of his runs a serious no-no for most backs to try, but you couldn't take the ball out of his hand. Or how Tiki Barber changed his running style after his fumbling problems, and started holding the ball so high up near the top of his shoulder pads to the where his arms barely moved at all but his legs were pumping fast, and you could say that his upper body was barely moving while his lower body was moving fast, so it looked weird. But that was Tiki's style. It's all just different styles of running.

What I would do is keep a slowed down version for running before hitting a hole, then use a longer stride when he breaks the level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

It's definitely just the short stride. Whoever said it looks like he's running on a treadmill nailed it. The upper body looks like he's serious in his running, but the shortness of the steps make him look like he's in practice running through drills at half speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 07-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

The animation is smooth, but the short choppy steps just don't give off the feel of a full speed sprint. It look like he's "jogging hard" if that makes any sense. He's not balls-out sprinting to the endzone.

Fun to see some video though! I'm excited to see player variance. I think 2k did a great job using run styles as a tool to differentiate athlete size and skills.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 07-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Looks like he's running for power, not speed.

Later
Old 07-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #15
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Doesn't look right at all. Looks like he is running on a treadmill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Looks like he's running for power, not speed.

Later
Was about to say that. This would be pretty nice looking (with a minor tweak) if this was how they looed running into a pile or the line.. short choppy steps for power.

Either way it's nice to give feedback and help "make" the game...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »