Home

Operation Sports Exclusive NFL Blitz Pro Screenshots

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Exclusive NFL Blitz Pro Screenshots within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2003, 01:46 PM   #9
Bl*tz: Th* L**g** L**d D*s*gn*r

BlitzKraig's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Operation Sports Exclusive NFL Blitz Pro Screenshots

I hear your points, and there's definitely a huge sim market, but what we realize is that not every sports gamers is as hardcore as some of us, and not only that, but they also like sports games that are easy to play and get into.

Million-unit sales of previous Blitz games, the success of Slugfest, etc. bear that out. And so yes, we realize Blitz Pro won't appeal to everyone, but we also want to make sure that Blitz Pro, however over the top (did you like Tecmo Bowl, by the way?), is still football.

It's not 7 on 7, it's football, and I think you'd be really surprised by how good and authentic our A.I. is. Not to mention you can have a ton of fun with our Bonus Game Modes (more info on that soon), and our unique Online Tournaments.

In any case, thanks for paying attention, and your points are credible and have been heard.

Old 07-25-2003, 02:11 PM   #10
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm not into the arcadey style but I will say I like the way the stands and grass textures look. I really like the way the sky looks in the cleveland/pittsburgh screens.

I wish you and the Blitz developing team the best of luck. Maybe i'll pick it up as a rental who knows?
Old 07-25-2003, 02:31 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Ahhh, I am a Tecmo Bowl fiend (how did ya know?)!!! Of course, Blitz is even far more over the top than Tecmo Bowl, I'm not even sure I can classify Tecmo Bowl as over the top since the players in the game did'nt do much out of the ordninary, just the physics and lack of the 11 on 11 play and some minor NFL rules made it unrealistic by today's standards. Then of course there was Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES which I consider a sim, probably the best sim there was until Front Page came out.

Don't get me wrong though, I'll wind up owning Blitz Pro because, well, as far as Football video games go, I own them all. But because I'm a hardcore sim player and will be playing ESPN NFL 2K4 to death, I probably won't pick up Blitz until next year when I'm a few months away from getting ESPN NFL 2K5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 03:48 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah i too love the grass textures. and it looks like blitz well be a pretty good game to play with some friends who arent to fond of football

i also like what you did with hits and slugfest very well done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »