Home

Hey Dan, will there be a roster out tomorrow?

This is a discussion on Hey Dan, will there be a roster out tomorrow? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2003, 01:55 PM   #9
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Hey Dan, will there be a roster out tomorrow?

Well, I agree that expecting rosters before opening weekend is a bit much ... but I'm hoping we see some soon. I'm seeing some serious wierdness in the Eagles' roster - and nothing that has to do with carrying too many players, either. Just real basic stuff - like who out starting MLB is, who our #2 running back is, and who handles returns.

I'm not a nitpicker or an alarmist, and I'm liking Fever initially. But I'd imagine if I can find a few quick issues, the real roster heads will be up in arms.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:01 PM   #10
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

fossen said:
Well, I agree that expecting rosters before opening weekend is a bit much ... but I'm hoping we see some soon. I'm seeing some serious wierdness in the Eagles' roster - and nothing that has to do with carrying too many players, either. Just real basic stuff - like who out starting MLB is, who our #2 running back is, and who handles returns.

I'm not a nitpicker or an alarmist, and I'm liking Fever initially. But I'd imagine if I can find a few quick issues, the real roster heads will be up in arms.

I understand, and it makes total sense...and Spin here wasn't complaining, just wondering....just been conditioned by ps2baseball's post to twitch when i see a 'roster update' thread.

BTW, when is the final cut date? I'd think it's pretty soon, and it'll be nice to have a set of finalized rosters. They will change throughout the season, but this will be a good base
Old 08-27-2003, 02:24 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Yea, the 'Boys have some omissions, some wrong starters, (Hutch over QC, hehe), Markus Steele rated better then Al Singleton?

When the season starts I hope we will have updated rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 02:24 PM   #12
NFL F*v*r

OVR: 2

I'm told the new roster is currently in certification which means we're done with our part. It's out of our hands and up to the Xbox Live certification team now. They tell us within the week, we hope a little sooner.

Dan
Old 08-27-2003, 02:28 PM   #13
Pro

Tmac's Arena

OVR: 5

I sure hope the Xbox Live certification teams is faster this year. i got sick of waiting over a month for nfl2k3 and nba2k3 rosters while ps2 users got them immediately.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:20 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

A thought for

MS_CanesFan
Software Development Lead: NFL Fever 2004 ----

Inside pitch said they where going to have a roster update and never have had one to this point. Lets hope Microsoft sees this as something we all want and will support Fever better then they have Inside pitch. I agree with everyone else XMS will fail if they don't offer better support and part of that is roster updates. If not they Microsoft will start to look sound and smell like EA Sports.

If nothing else show them this page and how we feel.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2003, 01:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

MS_CanesFan said:
I'm told the new roster is currently in certification which means we're done with our part. It's out of our hands and up to the Xbox Live certification team now. They tell us within the week, we hope a little sooner.

I'm probably not alone, but Microsoft needs to get rid of the middleperson here (whether it be QA or Live Certification Team). All it does is make updates that much longer to wait for. They seem to take literally weeks to give the ok.

I'm not saying get rid of them totally because they have to be there before a game comes out...but I argue whether they need to really be there for updates like this or if they could cut down the amount of QA that goes into the process.

MS does a great job, but need to rethink this whole process. Roster updates are especially big because they need to be updated regularily...we can't just sit around for weeks waiting for our Week 2 update or whatever, you know?

Ah well...I certainly hope everything works out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 02:13 PM   #16
NFL F*v*r

Quote:

AgtFox said:
Quote:

MS_CanesFan said:

I'm probably not alone, but Microsoft needs to get rid of the middleperson here (whether it be QA or Live Certification Team). All it does is make updates that much longer to wait for. They seem to take literally weeks to give the ok.

I'm not saying get rid of them totally because they have to be there before a game comes out...but I argue whether they need to really be there for updates like this or if they could cut down the amount of QA that goes into the process.

MS does a great job, but need to rethink this whole process. Roster updates are especially big because they need to be updated regularily...we can't just sit around for weeks waiting for our Week 2 update or whatever, you know?

Ah well...I certainly hope everything works out.

Right now, you cannot bypass the cert team. If they don't get the data then it doesn't go up on Live. Everything MUST go through them and they have many, many things to do already. The process has gotten better from last year, believe it or not, but it will always be that they are the final link in the chain. It's not our policy, we're just forced to follow the rules.

Dan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »