Home

Xplay Gives Fever 04 A....

This is a discussion on Xplay Gives Fever 04 A.... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2003, 09:47 PM   #1
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
Xplay Gives Fever 04 A....

3 out of 5....

""NFL Fever 2004" may appeal to hardcore football fans looking for a more customizable game of pigskin on the Xbox, but most gamers will lose interest rather fast . Not only are there myriad problems with the overall presentation , but the gameplay also fails to feel as tight or well tuned as this season's other football titles. Even though the sum of its parts makes for a fairly average title, it pales in comparison to its main competition."

Looks like another 40 dollar kick in the nuts this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2003, 10:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Xplay Gives Fever 04 A....

No big deal to me. I usually don't agree at all with reviewers. They tend to focus on completely different things then me in almost every game. I've learned to just form my own opinions instead of listening to those guys. Allstar Baseball 04 is one of the best baseball games I've ever played and they all hated it. They preferred World Series 2k3 which I didn't like at all. Judge it for yourself
Old 08-26-2003, 10:01 PM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

who cares what they say about fever, and a 3 out of 5 isnt that bad, i just dont understand how they consider the other games so good when not everyone feels that way.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

well as much as it doesnt matter to US. it does matter to the game public. if Fever gets rated poorly, than less people (who dont read these forums) will buy it. less people who buy it, less people on XSN. less people on XSN, less money for Microsoft. less money for MS less money for the the Fever dev team. worst case scenario? Fever get cancelled as a franchise.

so if you really like this game, evangelize it and try and convert as many paeople as you can. otherwise, one year, there could be no Fever forum.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:21 PM   #5
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

illdefined said:
well as much as it doesnt matter to US. it does matter to the game public. if Fever gets rated poorly, than less people (who dont read these forums) will buy it. less people who buy it, less people on XSN. less people on XSN, less money for Microsoft. less money for MS less money for the the Fever dev team. worst case scenario? Fever get cancelled as a franchise.

Right ... but I doubt XPlay matters in the big picture.

IGN, Gamespot and the big print mags (EGM, OXM, XBN) will make or break the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2003, 10:22 PM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

but the thing is it hasnt got bad reviews. most of the reviews have been very good. worst i have seen is 6.5/10 and even that isnt terrible. most are giving it something in the 80% range and thats good. it also sells very well. outsold madden on the box 2 years ago and 2k last year and the year before and prob will do that again. so i wouldnt worry about the series being cancelled

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »