Home

I'm enjoying the game a lot, anyone else?

This is a discussion on I'm enjoying the game a lot, anyone else? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2003, 08:25 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: I\'m enjoying the game a lot, anyone else?

I love it, especially with all the adjustments u make before a play.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:29 PM   #10
NFL F*v*r

OVR: 2

Quote:

MDaddy said:
Hey Dan I got a question about the training mode. I am at where I gotta throw the ball to the receiver with the black button. I can't complete the drill, how can I complete it? I can make a complete pass to him but can't complete the drill. Any advice?

Which drill is that? I'll take wild guess and say you're not leading him well enough. You have to make sure he catches it on stride. If you gave me the name of the drill I might be able to help you a little better.

Dan
Old 08-27-2003, 09:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

The drill in the training mode is Leading Your Reciever. I can't look at him right before I pass it can I?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 10:46 PM   #12
NFL F*v*r

Quote:

MDaddy said:
The drill in the training mode is Leading Your Reciever. I can't look at him right before I pass it can I?

It's a tough one, but you just need to make sure the ball is out in front of him just enough but not too much so as to overthrow him. When you complete the pass, what "problem" does it tell you why you failed?

Dan
Old 08-28-2003, 01:28 AM   #13
B*rn *g**n B*l**v*r & G*m*r

OVR: 4

I'll be liking it as so0n a sI get my copy.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:36 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

i think the game is pretty solid online. i havent played it offline yet, although i did do some training camp stuff.
it is worth the 50 bills if u have live.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:36 AM   #15
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

MDaddy said:
The drill in the training mode is Leading Your Reciever.

Wow. These took forever. In fact, I think I'll probably go back and try them again. But as Dan said, the trick is putting the ball where your reciever does not ever have to stop running to catch it. Any change in animation (a stutter step, coming back to the ball, a spin) will mean you fail the test.

It's a nightmare.

That was fun as can be.

In general, I'm loving this game - online, at least. I was playing a few games last night on RnL unlocked, and we both jokes how the real winner was not gonoing to be who scored, but who could keep their passing completion % over 50.

BTW - in regular icon passing games, I usually hit about 50% of my passes. In my second game of RnL Unlockled, I hit 60% with Plummer, for a QB rating of 84. It's going to take time to get used to (especially as I usually rely on dumpoffs, and crossing routes), but it is a great addition to the football genre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 08:46 AM   #16
Rookie

You know I was on my way to being let down after one of my friends got the game before I did. Within a half-hour he reported to me how much he disliked it...This guy was a real proponent for Fever too...so for me his opinionhad weight.

In anycase, After watching Da bears for the first half, I popped in my Fever. Went directly to my profile setup All-Pro,Trigger passing Locked, Broken routes and exceterra. I went to the practice drills must of finish those in 15mins.

I played one single player game Bears against the Jets. Like many of you I suppose I got spnaked the first half. I finally started working my defense to stop the computer manage to hold him to 27 pts. Now I need to focus on my running game and passing. The difficulty on All-Pro is pretty good. Not too hard, but can be unforgiving.

My game online went much better Da Bears vs The Eagles. This guy was not letting me read the offense to set up audibles. He made it hard for me to adjust, but in the end My relentless Defense held him down even scored a TD.

I give the game a 8.5/10 pending more time with it. I like it better than Madden so far. Oh if you guys have not found the option yet, put the game speed on fast, it plays much better for me. Normal was dragging a little for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »