Home

Remove R&L and what are you left with?

This is a discussion on Remove R&L and what are you left with? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2003, 06:07 PM   #9
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Remove R&L and what are you left with?

Quote:

Michael_Mullis said:
Ask the same question in reverse, if Fever next year was sponsered by CBS or Fox Sports and had all the presentation elements that ESPN or Madden have, would people flock to it?

Nope. Presentation means sh!T without solid gameplay. Sorry but espnfl's gameplay will most likley be even more polished and deeper than it already is PLUS more features added to presenation with the ESPN license/partnership growing and growing each year.

Fever has to make a jump in the gameplay department first becuase aside from RnL...the gameplay overall is still hurting.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

Michael_Mullis said:
Ask the same question in reverse, if Fever next year was sponsered by CBS or Fox Sports and had all the presentation elements that ESPN or Madden have, would people flock to it?

Nope. Presentation means sh!T without solid gameplay. Sorry but espnfl's gameplay will most likley be even more polished and deeper than it already is PLUS more features added to presenation with the ESPN license/partnership growing and growing each year.

Fever has to make a jump in the gameplay department first becuase aside from RnL...the gameplay overall is still hurting.

Have you even played Fever? I would have to say not because you can't tell me the gameplay is hurting. And saying something would MOST LIKELY be anything is totally unfair to say. The bottom line is I have played and reviewed both games. Somehow I keep going back to Fever BECAUSE of the gameplay, which BTW is what R&L passing is a major part of. If they didn't have that feature then it wouldn't be a major gameplay upgrade, just like if Madden didn't have playmaker controls it would just be another same old Madden gameplay.

I have news for you, with the exception of being able to move the defense before the snap, ESPN NFL Football is about 90% the same as NFL 2K3. And it's easier to shift your defense in Fever than having ESPN's having to hold the white or black button and move the right analog stick.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:34 PM   #11
Rookie

lol, the ESPN [censored you naughty boy] made a thread.

Roughneck, why do you continously bash Fever when ESPN is the greatest game you have ever played?

ESPN, without the animations, would be worse that Fever...sorry, but those are the facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 07:05 PM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

TXBginz said:

Roughneck, why do you continously bash Fever when ESPN is the greatest game you have ever played?

ESPN, without the animations, would be worse that Fever...sorry, but those are the facts.

How did you come up with that? What makes fever better? The horrible commentary? Bad player models and faces? Lack of presentation? No team specific playbooks? Bad gameplay?
Old 09-10-2003, 07:16 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

jmood88 said:
How did you come up with that? What makes fever better? The horrible commentary? Bad player models and faces? Lack of presentation? No team specific playbooks? Bad gameplay?

What? I'll give you the commentary, but bad faces?? The faces in Fever are much better than they are in ESPN and I will make some screens of both to compare for you. Ray Lewis looks NOTHING like himself in ESPN, but he does in Fever.

Bad gameplay? I notice those that say that don't know how to really play the game because I don't find much wrong with it.

All the teams have specific plays, just like ESPN. If you look at the playbooks in ESPN, you'll find a LOT of the same plays per team. And ESPN doesn't have the ability to create your own plays; Fever does. As well as create your own playbooks, so you really CAN have a team specific playbook.

I'm not taking anything away from ESPN. But to call Fever a bad game is not right.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:29 PM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Michael_Mullis said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:

What? I'll give you the commentary, but bad faces?? The faces in Fever are much better than they are in ESPN and I will make some screens of both to compare for you. Ray Lewis looks NOTHING like himself in ESPN, but he does in Fever.

Bad gameplay? I notice those that say that don't know how to really play the game because I don't find much wrong with it.

All the teams have specific plays, just like ESPN. If you look at the playbooks in ESPN, you'll find a LOT of the same plays per team. And ESPN doesn't have the ability to create your own plays; Fever does. As well as create your own playbooks, so you really CAN have a team specific playbook.

I'm not taking anything away from ESPN. But to call Fever a bad game is not right.

Ok, I know you're a microsoft [censored you naughty boy] now. First off I would really like to see two pictures comparing the faces of fever to espn. And secondly, one of the guys who actually is on the fever production team said that fever doesn't have team specific playbooks. Espn has the deepest and most realistic playbooks of any football game. They actually do have team specific playbooks unlike fever which has a few plays and you can create your own playbook. There is no need to create plays when teams have over 240 plays and you can add up to 275 plays to your existing playbook.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:25 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

TXBginz said:

lol, another Fever ***** that needs to troll the Fever boards....I just dont get it. If ESPN is SO great, why are all the ESPN [censored you naughty boy] hanging out over here and complaining about a game they dont even own anymore??

Fever has issues, but i feel if the team works EXTRA hard this year, 2005 will be the year for Fever.

I am sticking it out one more season, if next year isnt vastly improved, then I will jump ship and give up on football games all together.

I (lol) to all the people who think ESPN is the end all to video sports gaming. I have rented it twice and its lacking as well as Fever...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 10:03 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Ok, I know you're a microsoft [censored you naughty boy] now. First off I would really like to see two pictures comparing the faces of fever to espn. And secondly, one of the guys who actually is on the fever production team said that fever doesn't have team specific playbooks. Espn has the deepest and most realistic playbooks of any football game. They actually do have team specific playbooks unlike fever which has a few plays and you can create your own playbook. There is no need to create plays when teams have over 240 plays and you can add up to 275 plays to your existing playbook.

First off, I hate to burst your bubble my friend, but up until this year I was the biggest Sega Sports mark on the planet. I bled NFL 2K while everyone else flocked towards the Madden NFL name like sheep. So you can't really call me a Microsoft anything. I always find it funny when someone argues in favor of a game someone else doesn't like, that person is all of a sudden a....whatever you were trying to call me.

Second, I never said Fever did have team specific playbooks. I said Fever has team specific PLAYS in their playbooks. And so you're saying you are ok without a play creator? That's your choice man. I am having a lot more fun making plays and being my OWN head coach. But at least I can understand the plays in Fever without actually having to have a head coach sitting next to me to explain what the play does.

Third, you still haven't backed up what you said about bad gameplay and such. In fact, I don't think you've really played the game at all. ESPECIALLY if you don't think Fever has good player faces.

Like these:

I don't have any ESPN closeups yet, but I will take a couple screens for comparison. But if you can sit here and tell me those don't look damn detailed, then you're the one who's simply to close minded to give anything else a chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »