Home

Which football game has the most in depth draft?

This is a discussion on Which football game has the most in depth draft? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Which football game has the most in depth draft?

Easily Head Coach 09. NFL 2k5 has issues with only four or five positions being picked in the first round and players are picked mainly on how high overall they are. APF doesnt have a draft. Maddens drafts are usually two easy and or too simplistic.

In Head Coach, Each team has a draft board, positional philosophies and needs that dictate which way theyre going to go. There are busts and steals, 56 total draft classes, the deepest scouting system, and a good trade logic. The best part of the draft process are the pop ups by Adam Schefter and Todd McShay that add personality to many of the drafts most colorful players.

You'll remember the Jack English and the Onken Brothers. You might buy into the hype of a Enoka Oshinowo or a Rob Lane, they could end up busts or legends. You know what I think Ill go play Head Coach tonight.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Never played those headcoaches but of general madden, 2k, etc. the most in depth draft is 2ks, it features full statistics of each player, their combine timing etc and a 4 day combine with an epic draft hall where u sit at a research computer to cap it all off. Not only that theres a mock draft based on whos gonna go and their pros and cons from sportscenter person named Mel. AND if you watch sportscenter before chris berman kinda goes over the draft and the dominant players in it etc. Id say the only thing missing is scouting throughout the season :S

Yeah, intense.

Last edited by romschomp; 02-02-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

Trust me, NFL Head Coach 09 is the way to go. You can get it cheap, especially if you order online. Make sure you read the turtorials if you play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

After having played various Maddens and 2K5 (a long time ago mind you), I can easily say that Head Coach 09 has the best draft of any sports game I've ever played.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #13
Rookie

HAL9027's Arena

OVR: 0

I have done a few drafts in madden and head coach and will have a little comparison....

Madden-
Very lifeless and unsentimental draft with obviously fake people and little scouting. The draft can be breezed through and takes little effort. The scouting on each player is very generic with no picture or graphic's. Poor draft and only get through to advance to gameplay.

Head Coach-
The draft is very thorough and each player feels like a real person with Adam McKay scouting report here and there. The draft is fun and exiting (who thought anyone could say that about a draft). I have even played franchises in this game only to get to the draft. Very good and almost real scouting report and feedback from owner and coach's really make it feel real.

Overall it is safe to say Head Coach is the best draft I have encountered.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 26

I can't imagine there being a better draft mode than Head Coach 2009.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #15
Just started!

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
Between all the Madden games, the Head Coach games, APF, ESPN 2k, Blitz..any football video game you can think of. Which has the most in depth, realistic off-season draft?
This is exciting
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »