Home

NFL Blitz Available Now For PS3, Tomorrow For 360 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NFL Blitz Available Now For PS3, Tomorrow For 360 - Post Your Impressions Here within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #121
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NFL Blitz Available Now For PS3, Tomorrow For 360 - Post Your Impressions Here

So I tested the "Intercept" ball button on defense.

My parameters were make sure the DB was in front of the WR facing the QB and with in reason to make a play on the ball. No turbo, just the triangle button on Ps3 while the ball was in the air. In 3 games I only got my defender to go into a catch animation two times. Every other time, when my defender was in front of the WR, next to the wr about to make a play on the ball, when pressing triangle, the defender dives. The only two times it worked, they were INTS, almost making me think if it was pre-determined?

Really interested to see what others have noticed. I don't think it's a timing thing, it might just be random. Still can't get over why they made dive and intercept button the same, even though dive has its own button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #122
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NFL Blitz Available Now For PS3, Tomorrow For 360 - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
So I tested the "Intercept" ball button on defense.

My parameters were make sure the DB was in front of the WR facing the QB and with in reason to make a play on the ball. No turbo, just the triangle button on Ps3 while the ball was in the air. In 3 games I only got my defender to go into a catch animation two times. Every other time, when my defender was in front of the WR, next to the wr about to make a play on the ball, when pressing triangle, the defender dives. The only two times it worked, they were INTS, almost making me think if it was pre-determined?

Really interested to see what others have noticed. I don't think it's a timing thing, it might just be random. Still can't get over why they made dive and intercept button the same, even though dive has its own button.
I think I've already played this game well over 40 times, and I have yet to make a user-controlled leap. It's not very intuitive.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #123
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think I've already played this game well over 40 times, and I have yet to make a user-controlled leap. It's not very intuitive.
thanks for the input. Wanted to make sure it just wasn't me.

Just still makes me wonder, why would they have two dive buttons? And why map the one as the same to another button that is important???? it's just like wow. How frustrating for gameplay. I mean didn't they see this was going to be a problem? I know it's just an arcade/network title, but still.

Last edited by falcons2003; 01-08-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #124
Rookie

TDiddy8701's Arena

How do you get off the line quicker on D? I legit have zero shot to even throw the ball when I play again people that blitz unless I'm in shotgun... They seem to be able to get to me quicker than I can get top them

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - Detroit Red Wings
Soccer - USA, Rangers

http://twitter.com/Doug_Ley
Old 01-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy8701
How do you get off the line quicker on D? I legit have zero shot to even throw the ball when I play again people that blitz unless I'm in shotgun... They seem to be able to get to me quicker than I can get top them

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I can't say for sure about getting off the line faster (not sure you can unless you dive or time a shove perfectly on the O-line guy). But as for them getting to you, remember that you don't have to drop straight back to throw. If your opponent's controlling a left side D-line or LB, roll to the right right off the snap. It'll give you time for at least one look before he can get to you.

At least, I was able to do that with Romo pretty easily...not sure how different it would be for pocket QB's in this game. If I saw a guy 'mario running" on one side before the snap, I'd just hold mostly the other direction and a little bit backwards right off the snap...usually gave me enough time to throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 AM   #126
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74

Did they ever come up with an online NHL Hitz for the 360?
No, but it would cool if they did. The 3-on-3 NHL Arcade is really, really fun. I like Blitz a lot so far, I like NBA Jam a lot, but I loved that game.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #127
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

It's unlikely that we'll see a new Hitz at this point since Mark Turmell (original JAM/Blitz creator) is no longer with EA.

This was his last project before he left EA.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #128
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Heh, I was actually hoping for a SlugFest remake with Tim and Jimmy doing commentary again. But that wasn't an original arcade/Nintendo 90's game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »