Home

NFL Blitz Available Now For PS3, Tomorrow For 360 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NFL Blitz Available Now For PS3, Tomorrow For 360 - Post Your Impressions Here within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #177
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NFL Blitz Available Now For PS3, Tomorrow For 360 - Post Your Impressions Here

It's just easier to just kick the ball deep and play defense in this game IMO.

Fumbles and INTs are commonplace. Plus most plays don't take much time off the clock.

I won a game earlier today down 14 points in the fourth quarter. Instead of onside kicking, I kicked it deep, forced a fumble on the kick return and ended up winning on a two-point conversion after back-to-back scoring drives.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #178
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NFL Blitz Available Now For PS3, Tomorrow For 360 - Post Your Impressions Here

Today was a nice reminder of why I don't enjoy playing online.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #179
Hall Of Fame

Seahawks are surprisingly good in this game!

Tavaris Jackson is tied for the 2nd-fastest QB in the game with Cam Newton. Marshawn Lynch is a load to bring down and breaks tons of tackles. Sidney Rice and Mike Williams are big, strong receivers.

Hawthorne and Earl Thomas are studs on defense, though the rest of it is a bit shaky.

I enjoy trolling people with Seattle. People think they're in for a cakewalk, and then they get whupped lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nflblitz2.jpg (125.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg web_seahawks_miami_rice_on_fire_fix.jpg (242.8 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by jyoung; 01-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #180
Hall Of Fame

The amount of online quitters in this game is ridiculous.

At least 1/4 of the people I play quit after I stop their first offensive drive.

Another 1/4 usually quit before halftime.

Then you have a 1/4 of people who quit in the fourth quarter like a minute before the game ends.

And the final 1/4 is people who actually play out games fully.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #181
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
The amount of online quitters in this game is ridiculous.

At least 1/4 of the people I play quit after I stop their first offensive drive.

Another 1/4 usually quit before halftime.

Then you have a 1/4 of people who quit in the fourth quarter like a minute before the game ends.

And the final 1/4 is people who actually play out games fully.
Thankfully, unlike NBA Jam, your winning percentage and streak don't take hits.

Unfortunately, I've had people quit on me with one second left in the game, and then I don't get my match bonus or a win on the leaderboards. Bunch of douches.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #182
Hall Of Fame

Today my friend and I ran into another exploit play to go along with QB Post:

Hail Mary quick throw to the X or B receiver.

It works just like the quick throw QB Post play, in that the two outside receivers are always open for the first couple of steps as soon as the ball is snapped.

If you're playing people with no conscience, they can just throw to one of the two receivers at the snap over and over again to move the ball down the field.

The only way to stop it is to play co-op so you have two human defenders to cover both the X and B receivers.

I never remembered either of these plays being an issue in the old Blitz's, but I guess I never played people who bring this kind of mindset to the game that they just want to one to run the same exploit all game long.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-21-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #183
Hall Of Fame

I found out how to play as a lineman on defense:

Quote:
1) Choose "near zone" in the huddle.

2) Switch to the MLB pre-snap (if you look closely, he is actually one of your linemen).

3) Audible to either "safe cover" or "1 man blitz"

4) You will become the left defensive end!
Unfortunately, the AI coverage is so bad in this game that it's just better to play the secondary and cover up for its mistakes.

Useful tactic in 2 vs. 2 games, though!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #184
Hall Of Fame

A server-side update is scheduled to be coming Friday:

From Blitz developer Yuri_B:

Quote:
Hey guys, just wanted to give you another update on this...we're almost done with testing (there are a few other fixes that are being rolled out along with this one) and assuming we don't find any issues tomorrow, the fix should go live on Friday morning. On Friday I'll post a more detailed breakdown of what fixes are being rolled out, but just to be clear, this isn't a patch, rather it's a server update that fixes some online issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »