Home

Do you believe 2k Football is dead?

This is a discussion on Do you believe 2k Football is dead? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Rookie

f1sh1000's Arena

OVR: 1
Do you believe 2k Football is dead?

I hear people say it alot but in your heart of hearts, Do you honestly believe we will NEVER see another 2k football game in one fashion or another ever again?

Im part of another fanbase similar to 2k football's and thats Fire Pro Wrestling. There have been times VERY similar to what we experience right now with 2k football where everyone was 100% sure we had seen the last of Fire Pro Wrestling only to have one pop up out of the blue.

So back to the point, Do you believe we will never ever see the release of a brand new 2k football game? I personally think at the very least we will see a NCAA or All Pro release somewhere down the line if EA extends exclusivity

Or is this it, All Pro Football 2k8 was the very last 2k football game ever and all the waiting and hopeing is for nothing. That 2k football is dead.

Last edited by f1sh1000; 04-27-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Do you believe 2k Football is dead?

f1sh1000, i think 2k is waiting until the next generation of systems come out. i think the 360 and the PS3 kinda took a step back in many ways to what console gaming was on the PS2 and Original Xbox. when the next line of consoles come out, i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to think that 2K might consider putting out another All Pro Football type game. I don't know why they dont try making a new All Pro Football game for PC. it doesn't have to be legends either. it could just be fictional teams with the ability to edit them into real teams.

i thought the APF game engine was great with the legends, but it would be good also to have a game with a normal fictional team setup without bronze silver and gold legends. i'm sure many pc gamers would buy a 2k football game if it came out on pc.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

I think we will see another 2k in the next 10 years, but not in the next 2 years.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Not sure if im that welcoming to 2K. They took themselves out of the football game and without the work on subsequent titles they've squandered an opportunity to progress their game well beyond what it was 5 years ago. Quit pining for 2K/they don't want to do a football game.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

Without license yes. If the NFL/NCAA change their business plans (which i doubt) we could see a new 2K football game soon.

Pretty hard to advertise and sell an unlicensed football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

Rest in Peace 2K football. They are dead and gone.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Forestman's Arena

OVR: 0

I believe there is opportunity if the NFL allows for licensing from multiple competitors. We would still have NFL games from 2k if the NFL wouldn't have made the choice to be exclusive with EA.

I truly believe if we could voice our opinion by NOT buying Madden every year then the NFL would consider this change. Basically we have to protest EA by not buying their games.

The less profit they make, the more likely they are to make change. This is just how any business is ran.

So the main questions are.... Can we go without buying Madden 13? Can we convince people not to buy Madden 13? Will people ever get tired of the same ol rehashed Madden?

I know some who are fed up with EA Sports and their lack of creativity. Hopefully that has affected their sales but I don't think it's significant enough.

Only time will tell but I will say that the chance is still there for 2K. It all depends on the money numbers.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Not sure if im that welcoming to 2K. They took themselves out of the football game and without the work on subsequent titles they've squandered an opportunity to progress their game well beyond what it was 5 years ago. Quit pining for 2K/they don't want to do a football game.
And the sad thing is right now it would still be further along than what we have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »