Home

EA Dirty/Damaged Disc Problem Again

This is a discussion on EA Dirty/Damaged Disc Problem Again within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2004, 10:10 PM   #17
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA Dirty/Damaged Disc Problem Again

Quote:

Primetimeplaya said:
I think it's the hardrive that's causing the problem. They really do need to fix that in the next Xbox. These DDE's seem to get worse and worse with each set of newly released games.

Why would the hard drive mess anything up?
Old 01-20-2004, 11:51 PM   #18
Rookie

Primetimeplaya's Arena

OVR: 1

I came to it by a process of elimination. My PS2 hasn't had any sort of problem and like others have mentioned....my DC, PS1, N64, Saturn, Nes, SNES, Genesis...have never had any disc reading problems. So Unless you're willing to accept that almost every game that has come out for the past year has had huge defective batches, what else could be the problem?

Tell me, what does the Xbox have that none of these systems have? Think for a moment.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:53 AM   #19
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

Well, i know a few people who have done the Drive Switch, and have had no problems. I was actually thinking about switching it with a dvd drive Ive got at home, but that would take too much work (but a mod chip, getting a bios program, and so on and so forth). Ill probably do it the 1st week of feb, so Ill let u know how it turns out
Old 01-23-2004, 07:05 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Primetimeplaya said:
I think it's the hardrive that's causing the problem. They really do need to fix that in the next Xbox. These DDE's seem to get worse and worse with each set of newly released games.

Why would the hard drive mess anything up?

It's not the harddrive. It's the DVD drives that Microsoft used on older XBOXES. If you have a thompson (U shaped hole in your DVD disc tray), you have a Thompson (XBOXes before 07/02), and will have DDE problems with dual layered discs (NCAA 2004, ESPN CH...). The Philips sometimes have errors but it is more of an anomoly and the new Samsung drives are good.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:44 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 12

Dallas is exactly right. If U have a Thompson Drive U should kill yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2004, 10:08 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

you may want to try getting the game from a different store. The store you are getting the games from my have gotten a bad batch of them. EA games always plagued my first xbox. I ended up getting a new xbox a few months back and so far so good. BTW, my new xbox has a Samsung drive.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:07 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Jaybee, This happened to my NCAA and i know how to fix it! My NCAA had this happen adn every game worked except that. This may sound dumb but try it, it works. Tape scotch tape. GEt two pieces of it(just shorter than the length of the disk DO NOT let it hand over the edge onto the other side! Place each piece on different sides of the hole. vertically on the disk(NOT OVER THE WHOLE! next to it) Then try it. it should work(leave the tape on dont take it off) Again it may sound dumb but give it a try.(Oh btw i also traded in My NCAA twqice like you and the same thing happened until i did that) MAKE SURE THAT YOU DONT put it on the shiny side. PUT it on the side WITH the pictrue
Old 01-29-2004, 02:55 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Thanks for the tip Snead, but once I deleted my old NFL Street files from the harddrive and started fully EXITING from a game before I turn the XBox OFF, I've had no problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »