Home

Beyond the Sideline Football Announced, Features and Teaser Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on Beyond the Sideline Football Announced, Features and Teaser Trailer Revealed within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:45 PM   #41

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Beyond the Sideline Football Announced, Features and Teaser Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Once I read "previously worked on Football Manager" I got more hyped for this game. Not only will I spend my money on OOTP but this too:

Let's just hope the game is slanted more towards the FM side than OOTP side, in terms of interface and everything.

I'm sure it won't be, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is fantastic news! I hope they are working on an NHL game as well
Old 02-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #43
Lead Developer for BTS

Re: Beyond the Sideline Football Announced, Features and Teaser Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Let's just hope the game is slanted more towards the FM side than OOTP side, in terms of interface and everything.
Aside from interface, how else would you like it to be more towards than FM than OOTP?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #44
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
This is fantastic news! I hope they are working on an NHL game
Here you go. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/fran...ockey-manager/

Last edited by tbennett54; 02-01-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #45

ubernoob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole
Aside from interface, how else would you like it to be more towards than FM than OOTP?
I always felt that FM did the attributes better. OOTP is a fantastic game, but it has an "unpolished" feel to it almost.

The weighting you can give to ratings, players being able to go above their "max rating" and have that reflected, progression/regression seemed quite random... and that's without touching the "scouting system" they had in place (which for the last... I don't even know how many years) most people played with it turned off or set to 100% accurate. It all just seemed a bit too random.

The handling of players/ratings/resulting statistics in FM seems leaps and years better than OOTP. However, especially if BTS is going to be able to sim past seasons in the future, OOTP's league-wide stat modifiers is amazing. They get major kudos for implementing something like that. I wouldn't want to start a season in the 1950s/60s and see QBs throwing for 4,000+ yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 05:29 AM   #46
Lead Developer for BTS

Thank you. Most of these things I'm aware of and will be looking at improving them all
Old 02-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I always felt that FM did the attributes better. OOTP is a fantastic game, but it has an "unpolished" feel to it almost.

The weighting you can give to ratings, players being able to go above their "max rating" and have that reflected, progression/regression seemed quite random... and that's without touching the "scouting system" they had in place (which for the last... I don't even know how many years) most people played with it turned off or set to 100% accurate. It all just seemed a bit too random.

The handling of players/ratings/resulting statistics in FM seems leaps and years better than OOTP. However, especially if BTS is going to be able to sim past seasons in the future, OOTP's league-wide stat modifiers is amazing. They get major kudos for implementing something like that. I wouldn't want to start a season in the 1950s/60s and see QBs throwing for 4,000+ yards.
I need to comment on this The player ratings development in OOTP is probably the most realistic part of the whole game, it matches real life extremely well. Also, scouting has been worked on the past couple of versions and now has the balance that most people seem to prefer.

I do not know what you exactly mean with "players/ratings/resulting statistics", but simulation results is something where OOTP definitely shines. Also, you cannot compare FM to OOTP in this regards, in OOTP most ratings directly relate to resulting stats, which in FM is not the case because of the nature of the sport.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #48

ubernoob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusOOTP
I need to comment on this The player ratings development in OOTP is probably the most realistic part of the whole game, it matches real life extremely well. Also, scouting has been worked on the past couple of versions and now has the balance that most people seem to prefer.

I do not know what you exactly mean with "players/ratings/resulting statistics", but simulation results is something where OOTP definitely shines. Also, you cannot compare FM to OOTP in this regards, in OOTP most ratings directly relate to resulting stats, which in FM is not the case because of the nature of the sport.
No disrespect was intended. The statistics (especially when taking the league as a whole) are fantastic. I've spent more than my fair share of hours in OOTP. It always just seems that progression is a bit wonky to me, but again that can vary from game to game depending on how one weights their ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »