Home

Dynasty Football: Q&A With Creator Eric Kneipfer

This is a discussion on Dynasty Football: Q&A With Creator Eric Kneipfer within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #25
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Dynasty Football: Q&A With Creator Eric Kneipfer

Very interested in seeing how this turns out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #26
Rookie

neef's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shins
I'm really excited for this game because I think that you went about the project in the completely right way. The heart of any game, especially in text-based sims, is the game-play and immersion. Just from the video and screens, it looks like you have really put a lot of work and thought into the engine. No one is going to care about graphics or UI if the game-play is awful. Look at Front Office Football, there was/is an active community even while development was dormant for many years simply because of the game-play.

An active modding community can do wonders with graphics and mods if you open it up to them. This is why I think in part OOTP & Football Manager are so successful. It's amazing how mods can take games to new heights.

Don't let anyone rush you with the game's development. This has been the downfall for so many games. The people that complain about the release date and "when is it going to be finished" are the same ones that will complain about errors and bugs when it is finally released. Release the game when you feel it is ready and don't be pressured by release dates.

With the kickstarter campaign, will there be incentives for pledging certain amounts (i.e. Beta Access or getting the game a few days earlier than the release)?
Thank you so much for your sound advice and compliments. I will not rush the game's development for the very reasons you stated. I've seen this pattern myself and I don't want to repeat it.

As for kickstarter and rewards: yes there will be tiers for rewards based on the amount given to Dynasty Football. Beta Access, free games, T-Shirts, and for bigger spenders the opportunity to have their name and face in the game as a player, coach, or owner! (Using FaceGen's scanning ability)
Old 07-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4
I would love to see te ability to create even larger leagues, say 120 teams, so those of us that are college football fanatics can create college leagues. Is that something you would consider?

Love the concept, and will check out the Kickstarter campaign.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neef
Thank you so much for your sound advice and compliments. I will not rush the game's development for the very reasons you stated. I've seen this pattern myself and I don't want to repeat it.

As for kickstarter and rewards: yes there will be tiers for rewards based on the amount given to Dynasty Football. Beta Access, free games, T-Shirts, and for bigger spenders the opportunity to have their name and face in the game as a player, coach, or owner! (Using FaceGen's scanning ability)
I also really like your idea with the coaching meetings and how they are structured around a certain amount of time. It forces you to plan and strategize as each choice has some sort of potential benefit or recourse.

Maybe in a future version, you could implement this strategy with free agency. Say in the first few days or week of the free agency period, each team is allotted a certain amount of time to meet with free agents or/and their agents. As GM, you have to strategize as to which players to target, what's the pitch and at what price. Your "conversations" could radically change the course of that free agent's potential interest. You have to keep in mind how much time you have when you negotiate. Do you want to haggle too much to get a better deal or do you cut your loses and move on to a different option.

Last edited by shins; 07-01-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #29
Rookie

neef's Arena

Hello everyone,

Dynasty Football's Kickstarter campaign has started!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nasty-football

Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #30
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
I backed it, I hope it all works out.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #31
Rookie

neef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoMyers
I backed it, I hope it all works out.
Thank you sir! Your help is much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »