Home

Dynasty Football Kickstarter Campagin Has Begun!

This is a discussion on Dynasty Football Kickstarter Campagin Has Begun! within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
Rookie

neef's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Football Kickstarter Campagin Has Begun!

This was the old screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coach Screen 2.JPG (465.9 KB, 161 views)
Old 07-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #18
Rookie

neef's Arena

Here is the latest screen Dan and I created. This is the last league setup screen before you choose your team. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg League Setup Pt2.jpg (86.2 KB, 121 views)
Old 07-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is great stuff! Is there a way I can follow/lurk the progess of this game? Like a dev forum or devblog? I've been waiting for someone to make a game like this!
Old 07-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #20
Rookie

neef's Arena

Absolutely! Here is our website with a forum link. Lots of posts going on there, so feel free to "lurk" until your heart's content.

http://www.worldsendsoftware.com/
Old 07-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #21
Rookie

neef's Arena

Here is the team setup screen. Dan and I will add a weather option for each city as well, but I wanted to show you the 95% finished product.

Next up are the game screens!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg League Setup Pt1.jpg (99.2 KB, 150 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #22
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow, this all looks awesome! I'll be honest, I'm totally new to a text based sim football game. A couple of questions: How does this game compare/differ from Front Office Football? And is their any "on field" view of the games? Or do you just sim and see the results? Didn't know if you could actually go into a game and see the plays play out in either live motion or text based.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Didn't know if you could actually go into a game and see the plays play out in either live motion or text based.
Physics are actually involved which I find fascinating. The "players" are represented by squarish symbols on the field. Pick up the video at around 3:30 (some action may happen before than). I think Eric is playing against the CPU. Great stuff.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #24
Rookie

neef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Wow, this all looks awesome! I'll be honest, I'm totally new to a text based sim football game. A couple of questions: How does this game compare/differ from Front Office Football? And is their any "on field" view of the games? Or do you just sim and see the results? Didn't know if you could actually go into a game and see the plays play out in either live motion or text based.
JayBee74 has it exactly right - you will see the plays on the field, and all the action is based on real physics. The video JayBee74 posted should give you an idea how it all works.

Dynasty Football is stressing the Xs and Os of football more than anything else. What kind of strategy would you implement to beat a strong running team? How will you beat a Cover 2 defense? Look at the opponent's Guts attribute, if it's low then putting pressure on him should make him screw up, if not but his Accuracy is weak maybe it's better to lay back in zone coverage and wait for him to float a pass. This is the type of thinking I want player's to experience. Hopefully, when you sub in a speedy 4th WR and call a post pattern against, the safety with the low Intelligence bites on the play action, and your guy catches the bomb in stride for a game winning TD in OT you'll jump out of your seat, beaming that you outsmarted the defense for a win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »