Home

What Madden title is best/most realistic?

This is a discussion on What Madden title is best/most realistic? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What Madden title is best/most realistic?

Lol. No clue. However, just trying to get some input on the best option.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
Rookie

lowenstaat's Arena

OVR: 1

I recommend Madden 2012 for game play. Though, Madden 2025 wins out for better presentation in my opinion. I didn't care for Madden 2013; too many players bouncing off of each other after plays and not enough coaching mode/franchise options to suit me.

For PC, you can still get a copy of Madden 2008 (DVD - check Amazon, Download - check EA/Origin) and mod it to suit your tastes with some great work from Football Idiot/Football Freaks.

Finally, if coaching strategy and franchise management is interesting to you, try NFL Head Coach 2009.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:40 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Highly recommend Madden 10, 12, or 25. I played each one for a very long time, especially 10' which still has my gaming football heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 04:08 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

I agree with lowenstaat but I think madden 25 is the best of the bunch period, so far. It has its tedium here or there, but by far the best playing madden Ive bought. Owner mode coming back adds some depth to the franchise mode thats been lacking awhile. Really love the fact that you can spend xp on how you want your players to develop, just takes a long time with the setup they used(one point at a time). But that means if someone is good enough athletically, just dumb as rocks, you can key in on building awareness or bc vision or play rec.

Also, Head coach 09 is the best football game I ever watched. I'd say played but you just pick the plays. You dont even have to do that, but I do to learn the whole playbook every year. Speaking of which, there's a play learning system where a player is either unlearned learned or mastered FOR EVERY PLAY IN THE PLAY BOOK. You have to run the plays in game to learn them and through practices. If your star rb goes down, your idiot young rb can derail your season cause he doesnt know the plays. Cant say that about any madden, ever.

HC also has the best draft trade and fa of any game period, any sport. 4 different 15 year paths that have their own unique drafts based on players from the past and just whatever they thought would be cool for a player, makes for endless replay-ability. Introduced the idea of different teams valuing different types of players(ie run block guard, pass block tackle), the intangibles and physical ratings. Best injury system as well. Has an rpg element to building your coach with development skills and developing players learning, physical and intangible attributes. Every coach has a rating in everything so building your coaching staff matters. This all allows the game to be played differently each time and for careers to evolve organically.

Ps, there are updated rosters for HC09 on these forums, even one ported from rondo is god's roster. It aint perfect but it is much more than we had even a year ago...

Last edited by Vtownwaves; 08-23-2014 at 04:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »