Home

THE NFL2K AND MADDEN SALE THEORY

This is a discussion on THE NFL2K AND MADDEN SALE THEORY within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2004, 04:09 AM   #17
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: THE NFL2K AND MADDEN SALE THEORY

10% = .1

.1% = .001
Old 06-08-2004, 04:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

digitalandroid said:
Well this is just base on my observations from visiting some Madden message boards example EA sports forums.. A lot of them seem to be in their teens...

Part of the problem may be that you actually go to EA's boards. They do seem to be mostly teens and this is a reason why older gamers/posters, such as myself, avoid their boards.

I think that you might be surprised by the number of older NCAA and Madden players. I have been playing Madden football since the 80s (Apple II GS.) I am in the low 30s and have an older brother that plays them. I have 3 younger brothers (ages 20+) that also play these games. I have tried to give the ESPN franchise every chance to win me as a solid customer. I loved it on the DC when it first came out, but since then, Madden has been better every year since the release of the PS2 and Xbox (IMO.)

I have an excellent job with plenty of disposable income. I can easily afford to buy all 3 games (NCAA, Madden, ESPN) on an annual basis, but I have difficulty playing all 3 from a time standpoint (wife and 2 small kids.) Last year I did buy all 3, but I couldn't stand ESPN, and I promptly returned it. I was disappointed somewhat with EA's product last year, but I still thought it was significantly better than what ESPN offered.

I focus largely on the realism of the games, and EA consistently wins out IMO. Whether it is the feel of the game or performing the management/franchise features, I like EA's style/feel better. Another thing that hurts ESPN is the absence of a college game and the ability to import players for drafting. This year it appears as though EA has responded to my biggest requests: larger rosters and ability to switch roster positions in NCAA, and ability to switch roster positions, better defense, and restricted free agents/franchise players in Madden. If the gameplay is solid with these games then I probably will not even rent ESPN.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:05 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

then you'll be missing out bigtime

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »