Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:00 PM   #161
Banned

OnQore's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
Pastapadre has a great article about the "mystery post" . Unlikely it's true at all.

What he wrote was more EA biased than anything I've ever read before. Why couldn't this game be released before Madden as an NFL product? That just means that M16 will get an earlier release than ever too. Just like the old days when Madden 05 came out in the first week of August and 2K5 came out in mid July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #162
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11
Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Well this would explain the 2k football rumors from last year with the rumors of them scanning players and the whole "meeting with nfl" at e3. Not saying it's true but damn if this ain't intriguing.

Last edited by stlpimpmonsta; 03-03-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #163
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

This is very intriguing to say the least. These threads about this game are a must check for me daily. If this is true and it's a cpu and xbox only I certainly would have to make a decision. Have a ps4 already and love that so maybe a PC. NBA 2k on a good PC is out if control good and to add a football, might be the way to, IF this proves to be true.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #164
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
Well this would explain the 2k football rumors from last year with the rumors of them scanning players and the whole "meeting with nfl" at e3. Not saying it's true but damn if this ain't intriguing.

Weren't those "rumors" from Hiphopgamer who we all know is a hack?

I think we are also forgetting that this so called insider thinks first party devs have had the ability to make an NFL game since 05, which just isn't true.

You would think someone who has inside knowledge of this game and how the process is playing out, he would know that. I'm just saying you would think.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:02 PM   #165
Banned

Not sure if this was posted yet but this makes pretty good sense of the matter imo.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/03/03/joe-montana-football-16-microsoft-exclusivity-rumor-doesnt-add-up#more-95473
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2015, 11:09 PM   #166
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
Pastapadre has a great article about the "mystery post" . Unlikely it's true at all.
pasta dosnt know anything he said damon couldn't deny or confirm any info b/c he's under a NDA when has denied other games that people thought were jm16.. We out here grinding for info everyday like csi : NFL.Its a hot story so he jumped at the chance for more traffic on his site
Old 03-03-2015, 11:18 PM   #167
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Weren't those "rumors" from Hiphopgamer who we all know is a hack?

I think we are also forgetting that this so called insider thinks first party devs have had the ability to make an NFL game since 05, which just isn't true.

You would think someone who has inside knowledge of this game and how the process is playing out, he would know that. I'm just saying you would think.
Well how do you know have you seen the nfl's contract with your own eyes ? Theres a reason ea didnt release the details when they renewed there contract with nfl
Old 03-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #168
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by stos5363
Well how do you know have you seen the nfl's contract with your own eyes ? Theres a reason ea didnt release the details when they renewed there contract with nfl
Everyone should know by now. The terms are out there somewhere.

At the time of the exclusive license it was said neither a 3rd nor a 1st party developer can make a NFL Licensed game. That's been common knowledge for a long time. If there was a loophole we would have known about it by now.

Now has something changed in the last few months? Maybe, but when and if it does I think we will hear about it. So I guess we will see what happens.

Last edited by PVarck31; 03-03-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »