Home

Soooo Some Buddies and I Developing A Football Game

This is a discussion on Soooo Some Buddies and I Developing A Football Game within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-30-2021, 02:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon4 Soooo Some Buddies and I Developing A Football Game

Soo two buddies and myself started an "animation" studio and our first game is gonna be an American Football simulation video game, destined for the Xbox consoles and PC market, due to the high performance and power behind them both. I spent almost a year going through all the old Madden features that were removes or poorly use and streamline some while creating original features for our game respectively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Soooo Some Buddies and I Developing A Football Game

How can I or anyone help you out? Aside from programmers and money what can I/we do to help this come to realization? What would be the key differences between what you hope to achieve and Madden or any of the other games currently out there?
Old 02-01-2021, 05:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_v14
How can I or anyone help you out? Aside from programmers and money what can I/we do to help this come to realization? What would be the key differences between what you hope to achieve and Madden or any of the other games currently out there?
1. A better career mode with some interactive screens similar to NBA 2k. Each choice during with real stakes to each choice.
2. Players would be able to buyout their careers and experience a real career mode, not some half *** mode like Madden.
3. Entrance animations, such as the iconic Miami hurricane smoke or team captain spotlight entrances.
4. Realistic weather effects based on stadium design.
5. Customized stadium features similar to the NBA 2k series with added features and options.
6. Several different camera angles for players to view the game.
7. Realistic injuries.
8. Players can be asked or ask to take a paycut as well as convince a friend to sign with their team during FA or a trade to their team.
9. There is no draft, each team receive $7 million and up to 10 slots to sign players with the remaining money returning to the pool for the next season.
10. Players in their contract year will see after each games and or interactive their value on the market as well as choose their asking price and incentive to their contracts (no trade, specific trade, etc.).
Old 02-01-2021, 05:49 PM   #4
Rookie

but right now, my friend is currently taking all the info i shared with him and making a web sheet to further grasp the design, features, and gameplan.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:57 PM   #5
Rookie

So the focus for now is seemingly more on the franchise experience which of course has been sorely neglected by Madden for a while now. How about gameplay or player rating? Have you started looking into these areas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2021, 12:22 AM   #6
Rookie

Post Re: Soooo Some Buddies and I Developing A Football Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_v14
So the focus for now is seemingly more on the franchise experience which of course has been sorely neglected by Madden for a while now. How about gameplay or player rating? Have you started looking into these areas?
Career mode wise will have similar features from franchise mode.
Players will be able to answer questions at conferences with their comments affecting management (owner and front office), coaches, locker room, fans, and the media.

I will look to have an anti-media feature feature implement where a player will receive a fine, ranging from $5,000 up to $50,000, for not talking to the media. If the player is making enough cash he shouldn't be too worried about declining media questions.

Players convincing their friends to be trade to their team or if they're a FA, sign with the team will be for Career and franchise. Same cutscene and results if played similarity.

Gameplay and ratings are similar to Madden, BUT with ratings I streamlined some ratings into one to clean up the ratings and skills.

Intelligence Recognition (including awareness, ball carrier vision, and play recognition)

Elusiveness (Spin move, juke move, break tackle, block shedding, and finesse moves)

Power move (Stiff Arm, Trucking)

-----
Further players, coaches, and owners will always have badges, skills, attributes, and or traits to ensure every individual is different and better the experience for the player (the consumer).

Ex. An owner who's in love with past their prime football players will constantly sign near retirement players, despite their health history.

head coaches will be the only ones with coaching "qualities" such as teambuilder, motivator, traditionalist (old school), ahead of the game, and a few others.

and yes, in franchise mode you will be able to sign your individual head coaches, O-Coordinator, D-Coordinator, and special team with the excluding of positional coaches as that would be adding too many coaches into the pool.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:28 AM   #7
Rookie

Additionally,
players will have the ability to spin sponsorship deals similar to the same gameplay feature in NBA 2k, but in our game, Project Waterboy (Running title), players can sign up to five deals that will feature on their respective jerseys. Naturally, the higher your rating is and your stats the more sponsorships you will have in the pool of choices. That will factor into your growth similar to the NBA 2k series, but the choice of sponsors changes per month to freshen up the choices.

if a player want to skip the grind and want a level 5 sponsorship while being a 75 rating player, they can use purchase gold stars, premium currency, to skip the grind. However, doing so will have plenty of roadblocks set in place for those players to hinder any chances of gaining any experience points and money unless they're a sadistic *******.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:17 AM   #8
Rookie

For the ratings I agree there are too many that are redundant and should be pared down. With Madden its way too convoluted with the 99 scale for all the ratings. I feel it should be broken down to a few categories; physical measurables (all your standard combine stuff), position specific skills & playbook/scheme knowledge.
For the measurables, it'd be nice to just stick the known combine numbers and not have to translate to a scale.
For the position specific stuff, I feel it be good to get away from the Madden model of just making everything out of a 99 scale and instead have several skills which either a player does or doesn't have. For example some WR may be hands catchers, some may be body catchers, some maybe both. Those can be their skill sets. Of course some skills will have to have some types of rating scales, but the scale should be knocked down from 99 to out of 10 or 20, something where it is easier to actually see and feel the difference.
For playbook knowledge, my thought is to come up with a way to scale how much of the playbook a player actually knows which of course limits the number of plays they can be used in. Obviously players, particularly rookies can't usually just be plugged in right away as they can in Madden. Some players will be assigned a specific role/position and learn only that role or position. Others may be able to learn multiple. Some will be able to pick up the playbook easily and the number of plays they are involved will increase quickly, others more slowly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »